Chapter 6 : Acting Weird

Aaliyah James

My granny always told me : "Aaliyah, a man or anybody that really loves and cares for you is always gone tell you the truth, no matter how bad it'll hurt you or how it'll affect the relationship"

I missed my granny so much, she died 5 years ago. When I was 13.

Kentrell 🔐👫 would like to FaceTime...

"Hey" I mumbled sitting up in my bed. "What's wring lele" he asked concerned and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing"

"Then why is you crying?" He asked, I haven't even noticed I was crying.

"No—"

"Say nothing one mo time" he threatened. I chuckled and wiped my tears away with my sleeve. "I'm finna hang up Trell"

"Le—" was the last thing I heard before hanging up. I turned my phone on silent and lay in my bed, thinking.

I eventually ended up falling asleep.

~~~~~

Kentrell Gaulden | NBA YoungBoy 🐍

"Kentrell, where is you going?" Jania asked while I was putting a shirt on. "Don't worry bout it"

"Kentrell Desean Gaulden" She said getting my attention.

"That my name ain't it?" I asked sarcastically while putting my keys and phone in my pocket. I started to walk out the room but she grabbed my arm.

"Stop talking to and treating  me like I'm some hoe, like I'm not your girlfriend"

"Jania, mane go somewhere, I got something important to take care of right now" I said releasing my arm from her grip.

"So I ain't important?" The room went silent.

I left out before it could get worse.

I pulled up to Aaliyah house to see King sitting on the porch, staring off in space. "King!" I called him as I got out the car making him snap out his thoughts "Wassam Trell" he said as I walked up and I looked at him confused.

"What?" He asked and I chuckled "first time you spoke to me without me having to say something"

"I'm in a good mood today, don't ruin it" he laughed and I nodded. "Where lele?"

"Im not sitting out here for my health, nigga I'm locked out. She ain't answering her phone and I left my keys in there"

"She ain't answering her phone?"

"Look, Kentrell, I know you dropped outta school but you ain't that slow is you?" He whispered and I kissed my teeth waved him off going up to the front door.

I started banging on the door and got no response. "Oh lord, I think He retar—" he interrupted himself before talking again "mentally challenged" he corrected and I started laughing.

"You mentally challenged Trell? Do we need to get a check for you?" I smacked my lips again "King, chill out I heard what you said the first time"

"Then act lik—" He was interrupted by Liyah opening the door. "Are y'all crazy?! Banging on my door like people looking for me" she mumbled and I could tell she was just sleep.

"I'll get on you later" he said pointing to me. "let's talk about how mentally challenged your friend is" he pushed past me and Aaliyah to get in the house.

"Stop telling people that" I said following in behind him.

~~~~~

Aaliyah James

"So we standing outside right.." king said telling me about what just happened earlier but I really wasn't listening, I was zoned out.

All I could think about was my granny, today was her birthday and king just up here talking like it's not. I don't know how he so strong.

"Mariah you listening?" He called me by my middle name grabbing my attention "Yeah, yeah so what happened next?"

"Yeah so I as—" he stopped himself and looked at me. Damn I must be crying again. "Wipe yo face and explain, and I ain't asking lele" I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

"Thanking" I said barely above a whisper, I don't know why my accent was so strong, I hate showing my emotions often.

"What chu thinking bout?" Trell chimed in and I shrugged, but I knew exactly what I was thinking about. "Granny?" King said reading my mind and I nodded my head slowing leaning on his shoulder.

"I don't get how you so.."

"Strong?" He asked finishing my sentence. "Yeah"

"Wait, what happened?" Trell asked and King gave me a look, debating on telling him or not.

I sat up and in the chair and sighed. "It was 5 years ago..."

~~~~~~

Thoughts?

Told y'all I was updating tonight 👅

This chapter was kinda sad?

y'all Liyah ain't gone have a stereotypical girl bestie in like all the other books, not saying that it's something wrong with it I just see it a lot in Yb books.

Until next update 🤙🏽