Chapter 36 : AK4L

A/N : Lmao I hit 100k bro like wtffff 😧 I love y'all ♥️ but like I promised I'm dropping 3 chapters and this is one of them 🤞🏽

Aaliyah James

"Aw shit" I whispered.

King looked up and saw who I was looking at, she was in so much shock I'm surprised she didn't fall apart right then and there.

"Auntie I can expl—"

"I know I'm not dreaming" she said looking between the both of us coming closer in my room. I can understand her being skeptical or whatever but I just don't know how he gone explain this.

"How are you? I don't know what to say" I can't blame her cause I was lost for words too. He just looked at her not saying anything and it was killing me.

"I'm sorry auntie but can I talk to lele right quick?"

"I think the hell not—"

"Ma, it's okay" I convinced and she looked between us before shaking her head and leaving out.

King looked back at me so he could finish his story.

"When I moved to Atlanta.. I was so ready to get my life started, to see what living by my self was like and everything started crumbling down fast"

"Explain"

"I needed a job—"

"Yeah I remember you told me that, and you was working at Burger King" I interrupted making him shake his head no and sigh.

"I mean I was, for a minute" I looked at him confused,

"But them lil checks wasn't cutting it—"

"So what you do?"

"I- I started selling drugs on the side" he said it like that was completely normal. I rolled my eyes at the stupidest shit ever, I'd rather work at Burger King than risk my life every day.

"That's stupid"

"How?"

"Because id rather work at Burger King my whole life that waste my life in the streets" I stressed making him sigh. King was a real smart person so I don't know why this drug idea would come from.

"Lele you don't understand mane" he huffed making me roll my eyes, I was so tired of people telling me that, help me understand then.

"All that matters is that I'm aight"

"You deadass?"

"Yeah I am Lele" he said opening his arms for a hug. I didn't have to energy to argue anymore so I just gave him a hug, I know that I should be mad, which I am, but I missed my cousin.

"Please don't ever do that to me again, ever. If something going on wit you just let me know and I'll help the best way I can" I admitted honestly while he was still in my arms.

He let go from the hug and held out his pinky.

"I promise lil cousin" he said and I locked my pinky with his.

"So what's been going on?" He asked curiously and it was so weird hearing him say that.

"Who kept your secret?" I asked not answering his question making him scrunch his eyebrows confused.

"What chu mean?"

"I mean that if you was supposed to be dead you had to tell somebody, and it obviously wasn't me" I said mumbling the last part under my breath "so who was it?"

He cleared his throat and looked around that room, like he didn't even wanna say who it was making me worried.

"King? Is it somebody I know?"

"Yeah" he mumbled.

"Then who—"

"It was Morgan" I started laughing like he said the funniest shit ever. That can't be it, like not only did this bitch try to fuck my boyfriend but she knew my cousin and the whole time. While I was hurting, the countless nights I cried to her about how much I missed him and whole time they was having tea parties and shit.

"She a fucking bitch I don't understand why she did all of this? Like what the fuck does she gain? You had to promise her SOMETHING" i said emphasizing the word something. King nodded confirming my answer.

"I told her I'd put money on her brotha' books while he locked up" her what? Morgan don't got a brother.

"Morg don't got a brother? What is you talking bout?"

"She must aint ever tell you. But apparently her brother mean a lot to her to the point where she was willing to do anything for him" he explained which helped me understand where she was coming from, but just because I understood don't mean I think it was right.

"She a bitch. I hope ion see her rat ass again, so all of this was for her brother?"

"From what I know yeah" he confirmed making me shake my head.

As we was finishing our conversation, Kentrell called me.

I slid my finger across the screen, answering.

"Hey Trell"

"Hey Lele, what chu doing?" He asked and I looked up at King "Ummmm" I said unsure about what to say, King looked at me and shook his head no basically saying that he didn't want Trell to know.

"Folding clothes" I said coming up with the first thing.

Kentrell starters laughing "Aaliyah I known you for how long?"

"Basically yo whole life"

"So you know, I know when you lying right?" He asked, Aw shit apparently I'm that easy to read.

"Whaaaaat? I can't hear you" I said hanging up the phone before he could respond.

"You in trouble" King laughed making me throw my pillow at him.

"Nigga bye, I'm still tryna figure out if I'm dreaming or not" I said making us both laughed.

I really missed times like this.

________

I missed y'all

I'm sorry I really am...

I ain't been in this book in a minute 😭 but I have a question.

If I made a Ybn book would y'all read it? Like all three of them together. Because I'm ending this book soon.

4 more chapters left.

what was your reaction to this notification after so long?

Until next update 💗

Sincerely, Tori