Chapter 3 - First encounter

I decided to lay down on the floor for a bit and look at the sky. I plugged some headphones into my phone and listened to the voice recording of the idol that I am supposed to write a song for. I closed my eyes and just listened. The voice was beautiful and the emotions he transmitted hit me hard. I never heard a voice like this ever before. To be honest it could feel that the idol hasn't found their full potential. That voice could go the extra hundred miles. Just when the song ended I opened my eyes again and slowly walked into the side studio. I started to play some keys on the piano and drifted off into my own creative zone. Then before I knew it the pieces aligned and I was in full work mode. I was having a song in mind that would unfold the true artist behind that voice. It might be the most unconventional song ever and it was for sure unique in its way but for a very long time I wasn't this excited about a song. It's felt like the first time when I started to write my first song. I felt like a kid that got the most delicious candy ever.

The time passed quick and I was done with the raw track. All that was left was the voice recording. I knew that I could never reach the same beauty as this voice but I will give my best to show what the song should sound like. I got into the voice recording booth and started off with the very melodic and soft verse that contained a few falsetto and then the whole song turns into old school hip pop song and there was a fast and powerful rap part. It was a true rollercoaster and I loved it. After a few takes I was done. I sat on the desks and did the post production.

" This song is gonna be epic!", I whispered to myself while I was saving the file.

I started to play the song in the studio very loud and couldn't stop grinning. When the song reached the Hook I could hear the door open. I lowered the volume of the song but didn't bother to look who it was. Maybe it was just Mr.Won who just does rounds around the building.

"Yah! Who are you and what are you doing here?", someone yelled into my direction.

I stood up, turned the music off and turned around. There was a tall man standing there in all Black. A mask and a cap covered his face well. I had absolutely no clue who that was.

"What are you looking at? How did you even get in?", he said angrily.

I walked towards him and introduced myself: " I am a producer that works for YG. Mr. Won gave me access to his rarely used room. Who are you?".

He didn't like what he was hearing and I could see him getting pissed even more by my question.

"I AM YOUR SENIOR AND YOU SHOULD SHOW SOME RESPECT!! I AM AN IDOL...!", he yelled at me, "Get out of here. I don't believe that you are a producer little girl. Look at you! You will never make it in this industry.  Go home and forget about joining the industry!", he said with a mixture of hate and sarcasm.

I grabbed my things and was about to step out of the door when I finally decided turned around to say one last thing to him. He really pissed me off. 

" Hey!", I said with a serious tone and he turned around to face me.

" You think that you are worth more than the others and that you don't need anyone. Who are you to tell me that I can't make my dream become reality? I will be making my dream come true and become the top producer and change the industry. You gonna wish to work with me. Until then do me a favour and be less of and idot to others. You never know who you piss off or who you hurt. I don't care about anything you just said to me but don't go around and scar people!", I said with a serious tone and walked out the door.

I could hear him yell something but I didn't bother to listen. This man was so rude and selfish. I absolutely wish not to meet him ever again.

Going back to my studio I saw Mr.YG running around with some staff. They looked a bit stressed so the best would be to go back into the studio and work. I transferred the file into the file where all the producers would save their demos for the projects. I was happy about the result and was inspired to write more. Just 30 min into recording I got a call. I turned off the music and answered my phone.

"Hello A.J?", a husky voice said at the other line and I quicky checked the display... It was Mr.YG," Come into the red meeting room now. It's and emergency!".

He didn't wait for an answer and just hung up. What was that? Am I getting fired or what ? I quickly fixed my make up and hair, grabbed my laptop and made my way into the red meeting room. On my way there I saw a few other people walk into the room. When I walked in I saw all the senior producers sitting around the table. I greated them and decided to sit at the end of the table. They all looked at me and started to whisper stuff to each other. I smiled since I bet they are as confused about why I am here. I was too and this meeting was for sure not this kind of meeting to fire someone. My hunch told me that it will be some good news... I hope it would.

Mr.YG entered the room and everyone stood up and bowed as he made his way to the front of the table. He sat down and so did we.