Chapter 31 - Reframed

I woke up at 6 am and went for a run. This time I ran along the Han River and for the first time did not listen to the music. The city was still asleep and it was still dark outside. The day was crisp and I met some fellow runners along the way. I listened to the environment around me and it was inspirational. I stopped at a platform from where I could see the Han river and Uptown Seoul. There was a man with a phone taking pictures aswell. He wore all black running gear and was wearing sunglasses, a mask and a cap. Something about him looked familiar but I was not sure what it was. I never met him before on my daily running route. I continued to watch the sun slowly rise above the river.

"Beautiful right?", the man said without looking at me.

"Yeah! It is", I said smiling at the view.

This voice seems familiar but I was not sure about it. It was the deepness that I have heard before. Somewhere but I was not sure where.

"Hope to see you again tomorrow", he said and run off.

That was the most weird moment ever. Did he know me? I was sure that he had not worked with me before. I have a very good memory when it comes to voices. I decided to run home since it was time to get ready and start cooking. When I arrived at my front door I found Jungkook sitting infront of my door. The delivery guy had placed my order in the box next to the entrance as I requested. He listened to music and smiled as he spotted me.

"Hey A.J! I thought you are sleeping in there but as I see you went for a run..", he said while getting up and brushing of the dust from his clothes.

"I always go for a run at 6am when I can. It is less busy and I can see the sun rise", I said to him while opening the door.

We both got in and he grabbed the box with the delivery and placed it inside.

"Have you been waiting long? You are early.. You could have called me", I said now caressing his red cheeks.

"Nah I am fine", he said while grabbing my hand and hugging me.

"Hey I am sweaty and gross", I complained but he ignored me.

He let go off me and I excused myself to go shower and get ready. I wore some black jeans, a white jumper and some black boots. I tied my hair up in a bun and rushed to the kitchen. I found Jungkook already preparing some side dishes.

"I had no idea that you can cook", I teased him.

"Well this is not really cooking is it? My mum has taught me how to do these dished. Family recipe", he said happily and resumed in stirring in some pots. I joined him and prepared some main dishes. He put one some music through the speakers and we sang together some of my favourite songs of BIG BANGs. His voice is by far the most beautiful one I have ever heard. The song last dance started playing and it got me all emotional. The song accompanied me through some tough times. When Kookie started singing it it felt different. He sang it like he promised me that he will come back to have the last dance with me. The song ended and the next started playing. It was August Ds song the last. I liked the song and Jungkook laughed when the song started.

"You are a fan of Hyung, really?", he teased me.

I nodded and started so rap along quietly. It was an anthem for me and not a sad song.

"Louder please! I wanna hear you rap. Lets see if you can beat Hyung", he said with a winning smile.

"He is next level compared to me. I will try my best", I said while he put on the beat with no rapping.

I started to rap and smiled big the more I got into the song. I finished and Jungkook applauded me.

"Wow... You sound different to him but I like it. The best rappers I know are Yoongi Hyung and Supreme Boi Hyung. They are rap dinosaurs", he said proudly.