Chapter 11 - Dinner

Everyone had a great time and the food was delicious. The only annoying thing was that Simon was glaring at me from time to time which I tried to avoid to the best. G noticed Simon's looks and glared at him which made Simon laugh. Except that the dinner was nowhere near to boring. These guys are not just a crew. They are like a family and they didn't treat us any different. I felt really happy about that since I never got the privilege of having this myself. I was an orphan and I always looked after myself. There was nobody I could rely on and maybe that it why I try not let people in my life because I am afraid I will get disappointed and hurt. It was like this even back in the days when I heard a car drive pull up to the ally of the orphanage in the hope that these were my future partners that wanted to adopt me but they never came. They choose others and soon my hope was gone and I was ok with it. There was nothing I could do. I was jealous of what I never experienced or had but I guess that is just human nature.

G never asked about my past and just accepted me as I am. He invited me into his family and that was the most precious feeling and moment I ever have experienced. These guys were home for me. I hope that never changes.

I looked at the food and the people sat at the table. They all were happy and enjoyed the meal. I glanced over to J who didn't eat much. Right then I noticed that he was pale and that he was sweating. J was not feeling well. I think he might have a fever. I wasn't sure but I needed to find out unnoticed. My brain was busy with laying out plans how to do it but my opportunity soon arrived before my eyes. J got up and poured some wine into the glasses of the others. As soon as he reached Hoddy I could feel him radiate immense heat – it was unnatural. I was sure that he has a fever and it is high. He needs some medicine soon but how do I go and get some without revealing that he is sick. J obviously doesn't want the others to know.

I turned to G and whispered.

"G I forgot something in the car. I need it. Can I have the keys?", I asked him.

G stood up and signalled me to follow him.

"Where are you going?", Simon asked G.

"She forgot something in the car. I just escorting her. We will be back soon", G said smiling and leading me out.

G handed me my coat and put on his as well. We stepped out the door and got into the elevator. He didn't press the button and just looked at me.

"What are we actually here for ?", G asked while leaning against the wall.

It didn't even surprise me anymore that he knew when I lied. He knew me too well. I leaned against the wall opposite to him.

"I have noticed that J is sick. He has a high fever. But he still managed to play it cool. J didn't want anyone to worry ... so this is the undercover mission to buy some meds and give that to him without anyone noticing. So are you in Oppa?", I asked smiling.

He sighed and pressed the ground floor button.

"You are unreal. Always looking out for others... but that is something I love about my little sister. There is a pharmacy opposite to this building. We better hurry", G said after the elevator stopped and we got out.

To my surprise no one took notice of us in the shop. There was just an old lady who was running the shop. It must be quite late because the streets were also empty. I quickly went to the isle that had some fever meds, painkillers, vitamin shots, an evaporator and some cold patches... enough to get him back on track overnight. I went over to the old lady who packed up everything.

As I was about to get my card to pay G already paid which made me glare at him. He glared back and basically didn't accept an uproar. I gave up and we left the shop to get back to the party.

I quickly grabbed the bag and asked Taeyang where J was. He pointed at the kitchen and G followed me on my heels. I just hoped that he was alone. We soon spotted him washing up and thankfully alone.

G and I went to the kitchen counter and sat down on the bar chairs. J noticed us and soon put on a smile.

"How can I help you guys?", he asked with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

G looked at me.

"Oh can I have a big glass of water?", I asked with a smile.

"Of course... Just a second", he said and turned around to get some water.

His hand was shaking a bit. I did notice that and G too. J handed me the glass and leaned over to face us. He was tired. I pulled up the bag and got the right doses of the meds out and put them on a tissue for him. G took the glass and placed it in front of J.

Before he could even ask G jumped in on an explanation.

"She didn't forget anything in the car. A.J noticed that you were hiding that you were ill.. a fever. Cause you tried to play it off she went to get some meds for you so you can survive here Pabo... so take the meds before someone comes in", G said and J did as he was told.

I handed him the bag which he carried to his room. After a bit he came back and sat on the work table opposite to us. He closed his eyes and rested against the tiles.

G looked at him with a worried expression.

"Pabo! Take care of yourself... you should have postponed the dinner..", G said annoyed at J.

"They all looked so happy eating the food. I couldn't bring myself to cancel this. I tried my best to hide that I was ill but I guess A.J is too clever... Thank you guys", J said while smiling weakly.

After some time he got up and we went back to the others. J sat down in a chair and G and I sat next to ChaCha and Hoody.

Simon cleared his throat and looked at G and me. This wasn't good. I could feel trouble in the air.

"So A.J how come you know G?", he asked with a smirk on his face.

"We met at work", I said smiling at him.

"Ohh, so are you an actor, staff or so?", Simon asked again.

I could feel G getting tensed up. Before I could answer he did.

"She helps me with my album", G said while glaring at him.

Simon was amused by that and started to ask more.

"How? Does she...", he asked but soon was interrupted by me.

"Oppa how about we stopped it right here", I said in a serious tone.

Simon laughed but he was the only one. J sat straight in his chair and looked at Simon.

"Hyung, be nice. You have crossed the line now. You should apologise!", he said in a serious tone.

Simon looked at him in disbelief and got up and left. He waved goodbye and was gone.

"Sorry that was not my intention. I better leave... I am very sorry for the trouble I caused...", I said and bowed and didn't even look at anyone.

I did just ruined the whole thing. The family was disturbed by me. I could feel the tears in my eyes stinging and I soon grabbed my coat and left. I pressed the elevator button and waited.

The elevator door soon opened revealing Simon. I quickly looked away and he got out. He must have noticed my tears but didn't say anything.

"I am sorry Oppa... I didn't mean any harm", I said and got into the elevator and leaned against the cold metal. As the doors were about to close it was stopped by a foot.

I quick whipped away my tear. G stopped the elevator. Behind him were Taeyang and TOP. They got in and I smiled weakly at them. None of them said anything. I tried hard not to cry but when G pulled me into his arms I lost it. I cried my eyes out.

"It's Ok... everything is ok... We are here...", G said while not letting go of me.

"We will drop you off home. It was a long day", G said as the elevator stopped.

In a comforting silence we got into the car and I could see in the side mirror that the others were following us.