Chapter 53 - Regrets & Cheater

I do not know what time it was but all I did was hit that mannequin. I was in a tunnel and I did not stop. Why did she chose him? Why was she sick of me?

Soon I felt two hands around my waist and I stopped. It was Jungkook. He made me turn around to face him. I was out of breath and sweating so much.

"A.J it is not your fault", he said to me with a worried expression.

I said nothing. I think it is mine.

"It is. She is sick of me. Everyone that I care about leaves", I said staring at the concrete floor.

"We will not. I will never", Jungkook assured me and pulled me into his embrace.

No one spoke a word for a while. J lead us to a separate room where we could all sit down.

I could feel them all looking at me.

"When she is happy this way I will be aswell", I said to convince them that I was fine. I was not and saying these words I hoped that I could convince myself.

"What happened between the two of you?", J asked with a serious expression.

"She chose love over what I thought was family. She chose DK over me", I paused, "I saw DK with another girl kissing when I was on my daily run. I confronted him with what I saw when I went to their dorm. I told him that what he did was cheating and that he should come clean with Anna. I guess he did and she sided with him".

There was silence.

"I have been long enough with you and Anna to see how she works. I have a law and management degree. I can do her job. Be better than her and assist you", John spoke up.

I looked at him and I saw determination in his eyes. He was disappointed with Anna and so was I. I nodded and he stood up and left to make a phone call.

Simone was clearly fuming whereas the others were lost in their own thoughts.

"I want you to leave her alone and respect her decision ok. This is nothing personal. Let her be happy", I said as I stood up.

"I can not promise that", Simon spat and left us.

J ran after him and I looked at Gray and ChaCha.

"Behind every downfall there is a greater meaning", Gray said weakly smiling at me and left with ChaCha.

John came back into the room.

"Ok. Let us have a meeting at your house and we can see what there is", John spoke to me.

I remember that Jungkook had practice and looked at him.

"Go back to your practice. I will be fine. I can not waste my time with sulking. There is a more important things that I need to do. John and I need to get to work", I said to him and gave him a peck on the lips.

He was hesitating but I was stubborn and he knew it. Sighing he left us and he promised to come to mine when he is done. He pulled John aside and they talked quickly before he left us. John led me to his car and I climbed into the passenger seat while he started the engine.

"A.J I will make sure that you are on the top. I will make Anna regret that she left you", he said to me with so much determination that I was surprised.

I nodded and we headed to my house. We sat down straight away and I filled him in with all the plans and he suggested to make a few changes to make it more efficient. He was good-no he was better than Anna. Why did he become a guard in the first place?

"Ok I think that will work. Now let us make this official and release a statement that I am your new manager/ assistant", he said and crammed out his laptop. We discussed how we could formulate this and he did a great job at this. Soon the statement was released. Now it was official that I have a new manager. We asked people to respect our decision and at the end we said that working with Anna was a pleasure and wished her good luck with everything in the future.