3: Earning money, money, money

"YOUNG MASTER, as per your orders, everyone from sweeping servants to the head butler have been fired

"YOUNG MASTER, as per your orders, everyone from sweeping servants to the head butler have been fired. I've also made the arrangements for young beggars to wait upon you in the mess hall—"

This was the personal butler of the previous 'Zhao Feng Mian', and of course, he wasn't aware that his Master was actually a Young Miss. Never mind him, everyone else but the father were fooled too. However, the current Feng Mian has no desire to reveal her real identity, completely preferring male attires.

She immediately marched to the mess hall, opening the huge double doors brashly. Some were startled, bewildered and nervous. But all of them were hungry and dirty. Yet, these were the kind of people Jesse found to be more rewarding to pay for the services they can provide.

She scanned with her pale blue eyes around the mess hall. For any beggar that met her attractive eyes, their heart would feel like lightning jolted it awake, causing it to beat so hard in their rib cage. Not for long, everyone begun to realize that the young pretty lad was the Master of the mansion, and they were eagerly awaiting for his voice.

"You, you and you. Head to the kitchen and learn from the Master Chef. In 6 months, I hope to hear some results, so I can stop paying a 3 star Michelin Chef to come teach you cooking personally. Hurry up!!"

Three beggars immediately scurried away, as if a demon with an alluring voice were gonna eat them alive. After that initial shock, many more beggars were assigned their jobs inside and outside the huge mansion. The butler listed the names down and categorized them by their tasks; dated and noted for documentation.

When all was done, Jesse moved on to studying her personal finance; How much was in her bank accounts and what other things were under her name. She then concluded she had nothing but a few hundred thousand in her chequing account, depressing her greatly. The previous owner should have some savings at least.

No longer dawdling over the depressing accounting, she called for the butler for financing books. Their library contained a huge collection of different topics, which included series of books in business, entrepreneurship, accounting, statistics, finance, buying & selling and much more. Hence, Jesse skipped school for 2 weeks and spent all her time studying the craft of money making and management.

She made sure she took notes of everything there needs to be remembered and practiced. Every early morning, she would read the news, and read books right after. In the afternoon, she would practice her Jodo, while in the evening, a full course of practice problems. She still had to restrain a little as the bullet wound on her shoulder still causes her a bit of pain.

Her schedule was packed by herself, and she was used to being busy due to having had several part-time jobs in the past. She had no time to pay attention over the mother and daughter pair whose minds were busy lamenting over the imprisonment of their main pillar, Zhao Luyang.

Since she's already called her school for a month's leave, she had another 2 weeks available after rigorously self-studying for the first half of the month. The beggars she'd hired have also eased up with her a lot, feeling very grateful for providing them with a chance to earn their own money.