23: Two Men, A Heart of Gold

IN THE CAPITAL CITY of Kupivoc Republic, a huge palace proudly stood

IN THE CAPITAL CITY of Kupivoc Republic, a huge palace proudly stood. From the entrance gate to the Palace's main door, a huge plaza filled with greens and trees can be seen. Sentries walked about in every corner, always alert and rigid to their duty, in the name of their loyalty to the Prime Minister and his family.

Inside one of the private buildings beyond the main Palace, Dean was in his library doing hundreds of exams. On the wall to his right, just opposite to the glass window, the whole space was covered with pictures and facts of a certain person he holds precious in his heart.

Every time he was feeling tired, he would only need to look to his right and he'll flash a smile, then go back to his exams once again.

From what he has achieved thus far, his level of knowledge should've surpassed that of a High School graduate and currently doing the theory portion of senior year for Computer Science. Before him, a high-end computer with super CPU await his fingers for him to test his skills, and he has been doing fairly well, having built business applications while adding his own interest in the mix.

— Knock — The door to his library opened and revealed a servant bringing in a tray of refreshments, and some news Dean always loved to hear.

Even without Dean's signal, the servant placed down the tray and stood at the side to begin sharing the news he had gathered.

"Sir, your humble servant gladly informs you that your father has won everyone and approved of same-sex marriage, which is a first since the founding of Kupivoc Republic."

Hearing this, Dean merely gripped the pen he was holding, his lips pursing to an irresistible smile.

The servant politely continued with the next piece of news, his hand respectfully on his chest, while the other rest at his side.

"Young Master Zhao has passed his entrance exam to Northeastern University. It has also been arranged that you will be assigned in the same dorm room and together in some classes."

If Dean looked irresistible with simply a smile, he was now revealing his pearly white teeth while his eyes glittered with so much brilliance. His light colored hair brought an illusion that his head was surrounded by a divine halo. Even for the male servant, he looked devastating that his heart stopped beating for a moment, immediately retracting his gaze to look down on the floor.