21: SCHEME

THEN THERE CAME THE DAY of Creative Studios' 35th annual celebration

THEN THERE CAME THE DAY of Creative Studios' 35th annual celebration. Several famous people were present, which included Feng Mian Zhao, Fei Long Liu and every member of Ying Yue's harem. The old and the young mingled, and gossips to the latest news were exchanged.

Standing at a corner, away from everyone's prying eyes, Feng Mian languidly rested her slender body on the cream colored wall, a curtain draped before her, shadowing her whole countenance. She was holding a glass of punch as her frost-cold eyes pierced through each and everyone in the hall.

If there was anyone who had a clearer understanding of what was going on, it was Feng Mian whose gears in her head was already moving to every step of what was gonna be the ruckus of the night. She was sure to be entertained by her half-sister of a clown.

"Mian... are you listening to me?"

Fei Long was pouting on his chair, situated just beside Feng Mian's seat. He has been talking about the global business news when he realized Feng Mian's mind was elsewhere. Despite feeling aggrieved, he stopped himself before realizing he was acting like a woman.

Feng Mian recovered her gaze from the crowd and turned to look into Fei Long's electric blue eyes that was dancing with strange light. She perceived something was bothering Fei Long but if the person himself do not initiate to share, then she wouldn't say anything.

"You were saying?"

Fei Long sighed. "Don't concern yourself with it anymore, although congratulations on passing your exams." He smiled, it was deep and happy, as if he was the one who passed the entrance exam himself.

Feng Mian smiled. "Thanks."

They were quiet for a moment with Fei Long simply staring at Feng Mian when she suddenly remembered something. "Fei Long, no matter what happens tonight, you must not come to my rescue."

He frowned. "...Okay."

If there was anyone who Fei Long wouldn't question, they were Feng Mian and his maternal grandmother. Hence, no matter what, Fei Long will only be a spectator.

Feng Mian's eyes went back to the crowd, while Fei Long was thinking of Feng Mian's schemes. Both of them knew the only person who can possibly elicit her to act differently was Ying Yue herself. Thinking from there, he speculated that a hidden scheme has been prepared to ruin her somehow, and this was why he was warned beforehand.

After working with Feng Mian for so long, Fei Long understood Feng Mian's way of dealing with troublesome things more than anyone. And he truly didn't have to worry a thing, except, his heart does not wish to see her bullied.

"Mian, why don't you just hire assassins to kill her?" Fei Long suddenly asked, his eyes staring at the distance.

Without looking back, Feng Mian replied. "She is not worth it."