28: Henpecked Husband

FEI LONG LIU grew up without getting too close with the people around him

FEI LONG LIU grew up without getting too close with the people around him. Hundreds would love to surround him with gifts and flattery, only because he was born a Liu.

But there was a moment when he let his guard down, and it was when he first thought a woman can actually be innocent and guile at the same time.

Unfortunate for Fei Long, he fell within a clever woman's deceit. Much like the women his father drags onto his bed. Vile, unforgivable and only further clarified his distrust to women.

They were easily blinded by money, reputation and status. This was what made it challenging to find someone to love, although he never actively looked for one. He silently wished at the corner of his heart that someone out there can finally understand what kind of person he was and be willing to stay with him despite what he was born with. For someone to look deep within him, to find the lonely him that was left behind by his mother and his father.

He cherished his maternal grandmother. Only because she understood what he needed; companionship. She has always been true to him, nagging him and scolding him about his life and character. He liked to be told off for whatever he did wrong, because nobody else did.

Long and forgotten were the days he craved for his family to be complete when his mother finally died of depression. Taking pills helped her emotional state, but drug overdose killed her, indefinitely.

He couldn't even feel sad when she was finally gone, because she was never there for him. Never looked at him, and never treated him like he was her son.

So when he looked at Dean who was so heartbroken for being rejected by the only person he wanted recognition from, his heart felt like he can relent, even a little.

Only, that was not a solution to human heart. Craving for something your heart cannot have always result in heartbreak, and one must know when to stop.

So when Fei Long heard Feng Mian's words, his heart bloomed with happiness and surprise. It was then, that he further clarified that he might have just found his match, once again. Even if Feng Mian was a man.