12: Working Together; Effectively

SLOWLY, Fei Long recovered himself from his trance, and with an indifferent tone, he reassured

SLOWLY, Fei Long recovered himself from his trance, and with an indifferent tone, he reassured. "Left-hand man."

Feng Mian frowned. "Assistant? I don't mind, but how much do I get paid? It better not be lower than $300,000 a month. And that's already being cheap, but I demand an increase once you deem my performance satisfactory, and I will make it satisfactory."

Feng Mian's income just from doing investments and stocks was indeed higher than what she had just requested. And since Fei Long didn't bother to dissuade her theories, it could only be that Fei Long was not very sure himself as well— his aim could be both. But one thing she deduced was that, this was also a chance she could not miss, even if she and Fei Long  had to use one another— symbiosis.

After hearing Feng Mian's speech, even the assistant was stomped for words. Only those who were confident with their skills could possibly demand anything outrageous from their prospective employer. And some employers wouldn't like this characteristic at all, but who was Fei Long?

Since he was 12, he had been dealing with complicated people who would go through long-windedness to get their benefits. While he had also dealt with even more outrageous people. Feng Mian was another kind of individual he would want to risk investing based on what he had seen of her today.

Hence, he obliged. "It can be done."

And just like that, Feng Mian was now working under Fei Long. If he wanted her to make more money for him, she would. It never hurts to rely on a bigger tree like him, especially if she could make a name for herself at the same time. He has just given her the opportunity to leech off of his fame, how can she possibly refuse?

Just imagining the connections she can collect in the future, the big names and notorious ones, Feng Mian's heart was shaking in excitement. In contrast to her inner emotions, her countenance can only be said to be languid.

"Go." And the car drove towards D City.

Although there might be risks working with a powerful man, Feng Mian does not have much to lose. After all, she had risked herself into being lured to an obvious trap, hoping she could fan any fire back at Ying Yue. Consequently, Fei Long was not far behind, otherwise, she'd have risked herself for nothing.

Or not, briefly reminiscing over Iker and Ying Yue's relationship, which she could have used to publicise to the world; her goal would still have been accomplished. She only needed some evidence, which she could have worked out while being held captive.

Either way, leaning on Fei Long was not a bad plan. Even more so that Fei Long had seen Iker and Ying Yue's vague relationship as the latter would rather balance her cards than lose one. Unfortunately, by trying to balance Fei Long with anyone else caused her even more tremendous losses.

"At 7am, I'll be in your office." Feng Mian said before unstrapping her phone off around her calf.

Everything was taken in by Fei Long's cold calculating eyes, quietly with some interest. He had already guessed what had transpired in Matheus' family villa and why Ying Yue dragged Iker Matheus with her. Thinking some more, he considered Ying Yue once again for a moment.

"Your sister, did she really not agree to the engagement?" He suddenly asked, his mind subconsciously wondered at the beautiful woman he met last year whose appearance was what he exactly wanted.

Feng Mian paused from tapping her phone, but without looking at Fei Long, she nonchalantly replied, "Sure she didn't. I was the one who proposed to the Matheus' after all."

Hearing this, Fei Long was flabbergasted, which doesn't happen very often. Helping Ying Yue find a powerful support was akin to helping her win in becoming the next head of the Zhao family. So why would the eldest young master shoot himself on the foot?

Fei Long thought long and hard, but he could not rationalize Feng Mian's actions.

Fei Long was about to speak once again, but before he could, he heard Feng Mian's indifferent tone laced with a little mockery.

"She wants you, and you want her. Sure you can chase after her, but would you be able to share her with other men? A threesome, a foursome and maybe a 5-some?You can be wiser than that, Mr Liu." Feng Mian briefly paused before sneering. "Unless... that's your preference."

Her words silenced him completely, while his assistant was shaking like a leaf. He was beginning to feel scared what his master could possibly do to punish Feng Mian's disrespect!

"I seem to remember saying just the exact opposite."

Surprisingly, Fei Long was not mad. However, his gaze towards Feng Mian grew sharp.

Feng Mian still did not look towards him, but she now resumed tapping on her phone. Her frost-cold eyes dancing around the market as she said, "Good for you."

The assistant almost choked by his own saliva. He has never encountered someone as cold as his master, and seeing the two together in the backseat, he had a very bad foreboding.

"Indeed."

Fei Long accepted Feng Mian's sarcasm like he was merely slapping a fly off his face. Then he retracted to his laptop, doing some more work.

Before long, the backseat of the car was reigned by tappings and an aura of intimidation as both Fei Long and Feng Mian were focused on making more money. But occasionally, Fei Long's voice could be heard whispering to Feng Mian.

"...do you see anything amiss with this?"

Feng Mian would then pause with her money making and look over Fei Long's laptop screen and give her input.

"See the case materials, the trend for it is fine for now, but if you look further into this statistic over production and demand in the past 3 years, it will more likely change in another 2 years. It won't last, but you can do something about that..."

Fei Long allowed Feng Mian bring up long-term plans, and he was surprised at how skillful Feng Mian's fingers were flying all over his laptop and bringing up reports that he had missed before. Although not by much, they were still useful towards solidifying conclusions.

Over an hour later, none of them even noticed they've been working over several projects and deals. They were merely having a pleasant time working.

Mentally, the assistant thought he'd seen two asuras when he glanced upon the rear view mirror... 

At this time, within the Zhao household mansion, Arata Ito was smiling in all his glory as a pile of documents laid upon a huge desk in Feng Mian's library. He couldn't wait to present all his ideas to build Nonki hotel!

In his delusional head, he could already see Feng Mian prostrating over his cleverness, and he couldn't stop himself from laughing at the thought.

Ellar Fin had been watching him in the library for half a day, and he was beginning to suspect his master had brought in a mentally ill patient... He was feeling very anxious at heart as his wizened face masked with worry.