19: Limelight

WITHIN 2 YEARS, Ying Yue Zhao worked hard to obtain the support she needed to completely overtake the CEO position in Horizon Line Inc

For all her life, her ambition to reach the top burnt any other passion that could have developed her into another person. Instead, she used her guile to garner what she needed, because she was confident in her abilities and beauty. 

Since she was born, she had seen her mother weary for being poor and for being a mistress of the Zhao patriarch who only bothered with them after several years had passed.

She lived in poverty, saw her mother bring in one man after another for money. There were cases when the man himself wanted someone very young like Ying Yue. She resisted, she fought and ultimately won her chastity every time. Yet, every time she did, her mother would be the one to suffer hell.

She eventually learned to be like her mother, to use her charms to get her way around and she first used this skills to lure her father towards them.

It was no easy feat because Luyang Zhao was not exactly a dignified nor lustful man. Since he was neither, he was also very indecisive until finally giving in after 5 years of toil. He and her mother were once lovers but had to separate due to all the pressure of having an affair.

Ying Yue knew they were at fault. She knew but she still wanted a complete family, but when gained it, she also gained another obstacle; her older brother who's wiser than their father.

Unlike Luyang Zhao, Feng Mian Zhao was doubtful of people. Ying Yue surmised it was due to how their father was, but not only that. 

Before Ying Yue came in the picture, Feng Mian lived an ordinary life that did not catch anyone's attention but he also vaguely knew what was going on in his surroundings. Hence, once he found out of his step-sister and even treasured by his father more than himself, he became just like Ying Yue.

Ying Yue and Feng Mian were born in different circumstances, but also suffered long years due to their irresponsible father.

One was previously neglected, another was forced to live as a man. Anger, resentment, jealousy and envy spiraled in their hearts until there was no way to erase their enmity.