1.2 'You? Children?'

Virginia 'Pepper' Potts played by Gwyneth Paltrow

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Stane opened the file on Tony's computer and played the video surveillance of me. He gave no hint of a reaction throughout the entire scenario. Once it was finished, he looked at me expectantly. "I had just found out you'd been kidnapped. We don't know what I am, nothing seems to be popping up. I've also been practising, mastered water already."

Stane grabbed a glass and a water-bottle from the mini-fridge under the desk, pouring it out for me. With a majestic flick of my hand, I faced my palm toward the ceiling, raising it steadily from my hip to my shoulder. A stream of water rose from the cup with my hand, the molecules staying together, and converged in the air above us. I twisted my fingers and the water spread out in unique patterns. I carefully lowered my hand down again, the water flowing back into the cup.

A grin filled my brother's face. "That's pretty awesome. Just water?"

Turning to face the corner where his favourite pot-plant (aka the only one I hated) sat, putting an arm out and clenched my fingers together. I felt the forever lingering power come to life under my skin and the pot started violently shaking (purposely done) and shattered, but the dirt inside held it's shape due to me holding it there. I let it crumble and the horrible plant toppled over sideways defeated.

Tony glared at me, while I gave him a coy grin. "That one was my favourite."

Chuckling I threw Stane an apologetic look. "Obe, can we please have a few moments alone?" He bowed his head and exited the room, while I walked over to sit on the desk beside Tony.

"What? You're on a nickname basis now?"

A glare was sent his way. "He really supported me, Tony. When you weren't here and we thought we'd lost you, then discovering I have superpowers."

"Fair."

"Anyway...what happened to you? What did you see out there?"

He sighed, massaging his temples, head in hands. "A terrorist group ambushed our convoy and kidnapped me in the middle of remote Hindu Kush mountain range. They wanted me to build a 'Jericho' for them."

I raised an eyebrow. "And did you?"

"Of course I didn't, I made a way out. There was another man trapped in the cave with me, his name was Ho Yinsen, he helped me build an iron suit, which had enough power to break out of the camp and fly me out of the mountains before I crashed landed. Yinsen was killed when we tried to escape, he bought me time while the Arc Reactor charged to full power. I destroyed the stockpiles, upon stockpiles of our weapons they had."

I rubbed his upper arm and kissed his thick mop of jet black hair. "The good news you're alive and I agree that we should shut down the manufacture of weapons, even though, yes, I am daddy's little girl and I guess by not continuing his legacy of weapons I'd be disappointing him..."

"Izz, we aren't our parents, we'll create our own legacy, that our own children will probably change too."

I choked on my saliva. "You? Children?"

He chuckled. "Yeah probably not, I am thirty-eight after all."

I looked down at the ground. "I thought I'd be married by now, a few kids. Guess my careers got in the way."

He smiled sadly. "You're only twenty-eight honey, you'll find someone and you can have as many kids as you like, they'll still accept you back no matter how many stretch-marks you have."

I whacked him across the head with a stack of paper. He cackled whole-heartedly, taking my hand and pressing it to his lips. "I missed you."

Smiling softly I changed the subject. "So, what are we going to do now?"