Chapter 8

I DID NOT FORGET ABOUT YOU! I JUST HAD FINALS.... I'm back though... and IT'S SUMMER BREAKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

######

“And that question is,” I asked looking over at him. He was still looking straight ahead to make sure we wouldn’t run into anyone.

“Well, I uhh, was wondering if you have a boyfriend,” He questioned as he brushed his hand against mine.

I raised an eyebrow and looked ahead, “No. I don’t. I’m way too busy with my job to have time to do all the mushie gushie crap in my free time. I have a life and I’m defiantly not going to waste it in a relationship with things I don’t like or enjoy. I’d rather be out hanging with the guys.”

“Ah, I completely agree. I don’t like that type of stuff either… You either get straight to the point or you don’t, most of the lovey dovey crap isn’t needed. Especially in public. So then uh… I have a follow up question,” He stated as he and I waited at a curb so we could cross the street.

“Alright… shoot.”

“I was wondering if you would go out on a date with me while you’re here in Boston,” Brad trailed off towards the end.

Now, I know Jen and Torey have warned me that Brad is a bad guy who likes to jump the gun… But I feel some sort of attraction towards him. Maybe it’s his humor? Maybe it’s his personality? Maybe it’s his jacked up, yet perfect smile? I don’t know. All I know is that I think him and I could make it work. Even though I’ll be going back to Milwaukee soon, it seems like he and I could make a relationship work.

I took a deep breath before looking over at him and nodding slightly, “Sure Brad. But, if you mess up and do something stupid… So help me…”

“Yes! Thank you Jamie… You won’t be disappointed,” He stated as he jumped and hugged me tight.

“That’s great Brad… Can we go to the aquarium now,” I asked patting his back a few times.

“Oh yeah,” he started, “sure. Now let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and the two of us started walking towards the aquarium.       

When we got there we paid and walked in. Right there as soon as you walked in were the Penguins. Both Brad and I leaned against the railing and watched them as they waddled around the exhibit. There was also a younger penguin, it was relatively small compared to all the others. The small one dove into the water gracefully.

I turned to Brad and smiled, “Penguins are so graceful when they dive here… It’s a totally different story on the ice though.”

Brad chucked and smiled before saying, “That’s defiantly true, James. I can whole heartedly agree with you!” 

“That’s good,” I replied and pushed away from the railing, grabbing Brad’s hand. The two of us made our ways to the seal exhibit.

Brad pointed to one of them and said, “Jen loves that one… When we came here after her and I first became friends. We were kinda bored and decided to walk around the city… We ended up here.”