Chapter 16

“So Miikka… You and the guy’s hang in while I was gone,” I asked looking at him while the both of us stood in the elevator with my heavy suitcase that he was carrying for me.  

“Yeah, we did… But I really missed you! I missed you more then I should have had,” He told me as his accent and broken English came out a little bit, “How was your stay in… in Boston?”

The two of us exited the elevator and I pulled out my keys, putting them in the door, “It was uh good, I met new people.”

“And you said Tuukka did not like you very much,” He asked as the two of us made it into my apartment.

“You can put my suit case on my bed… And yeah, he didn’t seem to like that I was so close to Joonas… But oh well… You can’t win everyone over, right Miikka,” I sat down on the couch.  

“Uh yeah,” He whispered quietly as he came in and sat down close to me, “Did you meet any boys in Boston?” He turned his head to look at me with a raised eyebrow. Oh boy, this is starting to actually happen.

I took a deep breath, “Yeah I did,” I started, I could physically see Miikka have a look of disappointment on his face, “But he and I won’t really fit together well… It was only a fling… Besides… He’s in Boston and I’m here in Milwaukee.” Miikka totally relaxed and slightly turned his body so he was facing me.

“Oh, I see… In that case… I would like to know, Jamie… Would you go out with me tonight,” He asked as he looked with me with his classic puppy dog face.

I slid over towards him so I was about 2 inches from him and wrapped my arms around his warm torso before saying, “Of course Miikka, I would love to.”

“Good,” He replied and put an arm around my shoulder before kissing my forehead, “Dress nice.”

I nodded and asked, “How long have you liked me?”

“I-I En puhu Englanti,” He replied in Finnish (I do not speak English).

“Se on siistiä. Puhu suomea Sitten,” I joked with a giggle as I pulled away slightly to look at him. (That's cool. Speak Finnish Then.)

He laughed and then started talking, “I have liked you for a long time. I liked you when you… I walked in the door and saw you for the first time.”

“Oh… and to be honest, Miikka, I’ve liked you only for about 2 months… Not since last season. But I really needed to get me head out of my ass and open up to more people… I’m glad I did though…”

“Me too. You know I took your pillow when you were gone,” He asked slowly trying to process the words in his head.

“Yeah, Joonas told me. Does it smell like you? Because you smell really good right now,” I giggled as I looked up at him and placed my head on his shoulder.  

“I do? Good to know! Have you had breakfast yet,” He asked as he rubbed his hand on my upper arm.

“No. But I normally don’t eat breakfast…I’m not a hockey player like you and the guys. I definitely don’t need all those calories you guys do,” I replied looking down and patting my stomach which wasn’t perfectly flat, but nor was it round.

“Are you calling yourself fat,” Miikka asked as he looked at me and scrunched his eyebrows.

I shook my head and giggled, “No, I’m just saying that if I did eat too much I could get fat. And we wouldn’t want that, right Miikka? One, I couldn’t keep up with you and the guys, and two, I couldn’t be as efficient at work as I already am.”

“You would be beautiful no matter what,” He stated as he threw a little smile my way.

“Well, do you want breakfast Mr. Hockey- Player,” I questioned leaning out of his arms and standing up, I instantly craved his warmth.

“You do not have to… You want me to help with putting clothes away,” He asked as he stood up as well. Miikka is only 5’11 so he’s only about 3 inches taller than me, I’m pretty short.

“Sure, if you want,” I replied turning around and walking into my room, on my bed where Miikka had put it.    

“What stuff did you do in Boston? You said something about History stuff,” Miikka asked as he hung up some of the shirts I threw at him from my suitcase.

“Uh, yeah. I went to almost everything by foot hung out with Brad Marchand, and Torey Krug from the Bruins. They’re both pretty cool and laid back, just like you and the guys,” I informed, trying not to make it sound Brad was the guy that I had told Miikka about earlier.

“That is good. How is your cousin,” He asked as he sat down on the bed and looked at me with curiosity.

“She’s good. She and I only hung out twice though. She has a stable job that always calls her in for help with some patients. But hey, some time together is better than no time together. I can’t believe she’s dating Tuukka. It was like a ‘holy shit… Plot twist type of thing’, ya know? From the minute I said I knew Joonas he instantly judged me and looked like he was about to accuse me of shit I didn’t do. I was happy to NOT spend any time with him,” I informed as I sat down on my bed, next to Miikka, and stared straight ahead at the wall in front of me, “how were things here in Milwaukee for you guys?”

“It snowed. Couldn’t see hand in front of me. It melted right away. It was crazy,” He told me as he put his hand out in front of him and waved it around.

“Ok, Miikka, since we’re more than half way done you want me to make you breakfast? Eggs?”

“Yes, Thank you Jamie,” He said as he stood up and held a hand out for me to get up.

“It’s no problem Miikka… If I didn’t want to I wouldn’t offer,” I told him and hugged him before leaving the room to go to the kitchen and cook.      

***

Thanks for reading!!! What did you think?!?!!? Let me know!!!

Thanks - JJ :)