Chapter 18

“Of course I do Miikka,” I exclaimed and smiled down at my ‘menu’ which only had the choice of two things on it.

“Good. Now what do you think you’re going to get,” Miikka questioned as a little smile grew on his face.

“Well… I have the choice between coconut chicken and spaghetti… I think I’ll get spaghetti,” I informed Miikka with a smile.

“Oh! I’m getting chicken,” He informed with a bright smile showing on his tanned face.

“Ok… Now where is Anthony the fool? I want to order,” I said impatiently as I turned around and looked towards that ghetto curtain where- my guess- is where Anthony, Mark, and Joe all where.

Before I knew it Anthony came bursting from behind the sheet with a pad of paper in his hand, “What can I get you two tonight?” 

Miikka nodded over to me, “I’ll have the spaghetti and water please and thank you.”

“I will have the coconut chicken and water too,” Miikka’s Finnish accent came through as he gave Anthony the piece of computer paper. I did the same.

“Alright you two…. Enjoy your time together and I’ll be back in a little bit with your drinks… If you need me just give me a holler,” He said with his classic New York accent.

“Miikka… Thank you so much for setting this up for the two of us. I really appreciate it and I’m having a wonderful time too,” I informed with a smile as I reached across the table and grabbed his warm, large hands with my rather small ones.

“It was no problem. The guys were more than happy to help,” He told me with a warm smile as he let go of my hands and pulled his phone out to show me the texts between him and some of the guys.

“That’s cool,” I informed as Anthony came around with our waters.  

He placed both of them down on the table in front of the two of us, “Is there anything I can do for you two?”

“Actually yes! Anthony,” I pointed as him with a knowing smile, “How’d it go with that girl who was wearing your jersey… That is if she actually agreed to go out with you!”

“You mean Maggie?” He had a peculiar smile on his fucked up face. When I say fucked up face I mean the best… It’s just how he and I think of each other. 

“Well I guess,” I replied smiling at Miikka and then back at Anthony, “What’s this lovely lady like?!”

“Here, I’ll show you a photo,” Anthony exclaimed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. I looked over at Miikka who was laughing and shaking his head as Anthony took out his phone and fumbled with it quickly before showing me the screen. On the screen there was a beautiful girl with long wavy brown hair. She was clearly a tom-boy, perfect for Anthony.

I hopped up and gave Anthony a hug, “Oh my! She looks perfect for you! I can’t wait to meet her, Anthony!”