Chapter 17

“Ok, I’m going now. I pick you up at 6 for dinner,” Miikka told me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I giggled at his broken English.  

“Alright, bye Miikka,” I replied as I wrapped my arms around his neck and packed his cheek.

He blushed and pulled away before leaving my apartment through my door. I smiled as I realized that I was actually going on a date today. The last time I had gone on one though… was with… Brad. I shook my head at the thought of Brad and then walked into my living room, sitting on my couch. Smiling at the clock I realized that I should probably figure out what I was going to wear. I stood up going straight to my room where my phone was and dialed Emily Rigdon, Filip Forsberg’s number. She as one of the few Girlfriends on the team that I enjoyed talking to. Emily was one of the few that wasn’t actually annoying… And she actually knows stuff about Hockey!

I waited a few seconds before she answered, “Oh my god! Jamie! How was Boston?!?! Filiip told me that you went to Boston…. Like Yesterday! I was so upset that I didn’t know, I feel so left out all the time!”

“Haha! Yeah… Sorry I didn’t tell you! I’ve just been so busy… I just had to come back for work too! But that’s not the point right now… I uhh… I need your help! I was asked out today and I need your help… I need you to help me pick something out to wear tonight,” I said into the phone and waited for the screaming by putting the phone away from my ear.

“OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG NO WAYYYY!!!! YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING OUT ON A DATE,” She screeched as I slowly pulled it back to my ear.

“Yes, I’m going on a date… And I need your help! Can you come over soon? The date is in about 4 hours,” I reminded her as I sat down on my Bed.

“Omg! I’ll be right over,” With that she hung up and I stood up from my bed and walked out to the door of my apartment.

“Three… Two… One,” I opened the door and she came prancing in with her makeup bag.

“So, who is this beau of yours,” She asked as she turned around to look at me with a smug smile playing on her face. Her green eyes had an extra shine in them compared to usual.

“Miikka,” I replied with a smile shutting my door.

“OH. My. God! No way!”

“Yes way! Now you gotta help me! I’ll tell you how it all happened later,” I exclaimed as I ushered her to my room.

“Ok,” She turned around, “Do you know where you’re going?”

“No! All he said was dress nice,” I answered and plopped down on my bed and watched her as she paced before going to my closet and opening it.

“I got this! Since you don’t own any dresses you’ll be wearing a skirt and this nice red shirt along with these heels I brought you and that heart necklace that Joonas go you for Christmas last year,” She informed with a smile as she pulled a shirt out of my closet and threw it at me.