Prologue

Author Note: Lian Daiyu above

The harsh winds of the desert blew past the mysterious female figure in the distance. Fresh blood kept pouring out of the person's festering wounds, from the previous battle with many high-ranked martial artists. The mysterious female staggered as her consciousness was fading, coughing out blood from her mouth.

The mysterious figure, Lian Daiyu, was a powerful figure in the cultivating world as she had the ability to cure many diseases that many healers couldn't heal. Her medical abilties were unmatched as well as her martial arts which was very strong but graceful as if her body were like a willow tree when the wind blows on it. Her musical talent is so exceptional as her music could calm godly beasts and attract many animals to her.

With her meridians blocked and her powers sealed. No tools or materials but a single sword in hand. "So, this is how I die huh?" She had no way to heal herself.

Her eyes stared into the starry night sky as tears rolled down her face. This was the end. Her life was at the brim of death until the feeling of nothing began to encapsule her body until it finally fell to the ground. Her body became nourishment for the ground and a plant was left behind, The Red Spider Lily.

No one knows the origin of the plant but legend says that the Spider Lily can only grow by the blood of a strong cultivator of the Lian Clan that has died before their destined time.

The Red Spider Lily held special medical properties, which raise you to multiple ranks and cure any disease. But no medical expert or martial art expert could find a way to harvest it without being poisoned by the Red Spider Lily. The poison is an excruciating pain because it is slow and it feels like needles stabbing into every part of the body. Victims would suffer extreme burning from the inside and extreme frostbite on the outside. The was no known antidote for this deadly poison. Only the Lian Clan's special harvesting skill could harvest the plant.

Glossary of Terms:

Continents:

North Fa Continent: Mostly consist of deserts and dry landscapes, mostly known for its riches, goods and foreign products. Provinces: Du Guan, Hu Nan, Ming Zhou and Ah Ling

East Wei Continent: Mostly consist of swamps, lakes and any aquatic habitats, mostly known for its abundance of medicinal plants, high-level monsters and breeding place for mounts.
Provinces: Li Gu, Min Bai, Tu Fu and Ju Lian

South Ming Continent: Mostly consist of snow and alpine forest, mostly known for its beautiful scenery, but also for its strong military power, the market and anything to do with politics.
Provinces: Yi Hua, Li Gu, Qi Kun and Ru Ying

West Zhou Continent: Mostly consist of urban areas and a lot of trade routes, mostly known for their slave market, black market, The Coliseum, Red Light District and Gambling Sites
Provinces: Fu Bing, Ji Jiang, Li Sha and Wu Ming

Martial Art Rank Ladder :

1: Dou Zhe - Dou Practitioner: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

2: Dou Zhi - Dou Disciple: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

3: Dou Shi - Dou Master: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

4: Dou Ling - Dou Spirit: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

5: Dou Wang - Dou King: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

6: Dou Huang - Dou Emperor: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

7: Dou Zong - Dou Ancestor: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

8: Dou Sheng - Dou Saint: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

9: Dou Di - Dou God: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Black Gold

Classes :
Alchemist: highly favoured profession but very few can do this profession because of the strict requirements. Makes pills and medicine. Uses needles also but only Dou spirit rank alchemist can use them.

Martial artists: another favourable profession, many become martial arts because alchemists are useless on the battlefield. Or which others turn to when they can't become an alchemist. Uses bare hands and any weapon.

Archer: a profession that utilises the bow but is also back-line attackers. Very powerful fighter but very weak at close combat. Uses bow and arrows along with daggers in case of close-range situation

Mage: a profession using chi along with elemental magic, excels in ranged attacks but weak in close combat. Uses Chi infused with elemental magic gathered from nature.

Defenders: a profession that requires a strong build. Uses sword and shield. Utilising Chi to increase defense and taunt enemies.

Healer: a specialised profession with the requirement to have a light elemental affinity. Uses chi infused with light to heal.

Bard: a specialised profession with the requirement to play a magical instrument that has an affinity with the user. Support Type to buff allies with boosts and heals. The healing ability is about the same and can use attack magic.

Necromancer: a profession that is considered dishonourable in the cultivation world because of the magic which upsets the resting ancestors. Uses Chi to summon the dead.

Warlock: a profession has equal ranks with the necromancer in the cultivation world because they use curses and signs. Uses hands and blood to create signs, circles and curses.

Assassin: a profession that is very risky but has high rewards. Excelling in stealth, assassination, exceptional fighting skills, knowledge of poisons, qi gong skills (flying skill in English), seduction mostly used by females, playing instruments, dancing and hiding in plain sight. Any skill. Uses poison, daggers, and hidden weapons (such as CHOPSTICKS and COINS; hey if you are an assassin and you are in a tight pinch you need to be able to use anything to your disposal.)

Blacksmith: a profession that has lots of income. Makes weapons for other classes.

Author Note :
This is my first time working on an official book and I'm still new to writing novels so please don't know to write harmful comments but I would appreciate some feedback that could help me to improve on writing this book.