47

Everyone had prepared themselves for the coronation of the crown prince, women dressed extravagantly to perhaps find a husband and men dressed to show their status. Chatter and laughter echoed throughout the banquet hall as everyone waited for the arrival of the royal family. Even the foreign parties were happily chatting with each other.

"The royal family has arrived!" a eunuch announced.

All of the royal members were present The emperor, empress, imperial noble consort, all the princes and princesses all five in total, three princes and two princesses. Finally, Kuan-Yin arrived wearing a lavender hanfu that had white outlines that decorated the grey design of fish scales. The sleeves of her hanfu looked like they were transparent fins of a fish, her hair was loosely braided and tied by a grey ribbon. Susu held Kuan-Yin's hand guiding her to her seat wearing a beautiful hanfu which was much more extravagant than a normal maid indicating how close the master and servant bond was.

The crown prince was dressed extra extravagantly than usual, a golden hanfu that was littered gold with the royal symbols of dragons. His lifted his head up high with a smirk that swooned all the maidens in the room except the one who was married. He stood in front of his family, where the current emperor announced his right to inherit the throne and that he was now the new emperor.

Screams of fear echoed through the banquet hall as a minister's neck was slit and blood spurted out. Soon, the room was filled with the members of the Glory all wearing battle armour and equipped with swords. Everyone screamed and tried to save themselves from the killing spree that was occurring in the banquet hall however the door was locked. The crown prince took his sword and slit his own father's neck watch the blood drain from his father's neck. A crazed look was etched into the mind of the weak minded.

"BROTHER! WHY DID YOU KILL OUR IMPERIAL FATHER!" The Second Prince demanded angrily as he watches all the terrified siblings and mother, "FOR WHAT PURPOSE WOULD KILLING FATHER HELP YOU!"

The crown prince stared at the second with a crazed look, "It was time for a change for Emperor," He pointed his sword at his brother, "I have no need for my family anymore when I have the authority of the Emperor. Kill them!" The newly appointed emperor commanded and the Glory Sect disciple obeyed.

Fan stood in front of the Second Prince holding his sword, "Your Highness! Take your family and all the Foreign land leaders! Retreat for now! I have already made preparations! I will hold them off!"

The Second Prince nodded and took the rest of his family away from the place with the shadows of the Jingwei Sect protecting them. Kuan-Yin sat in her seat drinking her tea while Susu was scared beyond her wits for being killed. Susu felt a hand on her shoulder, Kuan-Yin smiled at Susu, "It's okay it will be fine."

A chilling feeling ran down her spine when she saw the smile of Kuan-Yin's face. Kuan-Yin summoned Faust out, "Take Faust and leave here."

"Mistress I can't leave you!" Susu clung on Kuan-Yin's sleeve. "I don't to be alone!" Tears have fallen already, she had already lost her mother she didn't want to lose Kuan-Yin as she was basically family to Susu.

Kuan-Yin held Susu's hand tenderly and wiped away the tears on her face. "You won't be alone," Kuan-Yin smiled at Susu, "Before you know it I will be back home." Kuan-Yin mounted Susu on Faust. Faust had taken Susu back to the Jingwei Sect. Kuan-Yin ran to the emperor's dead body and put it in her Black Jade space. A disciple from the Glory Sect was about to cut her down but before they could they felt their body freeze almost paralysed. A sudden burning pain overtook their body, every artery, vein and capillary burned in pain. Soon, their breathing was starting to get cut off and their face turned blue.

"Everyone! Retreat!" Kuan-Yin commanded every shadow guards and Fan to return to their base. She glared at the two responsible for everything happening. "Hope you like my present." she whispered under her breath.