20

苦丁 is Needle Kuding Tea - Ku Ding Cha

Kuding tea (also known as 'Ku Ding Cha') is a medicinal tea that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. The word 'Ku' means bitter and the Chinese character for 'Ding' ('丁')means 'spike' as is the shape of this tea. Needle kuding tea, is commonly known as 'bitter nail tea'.  The leaves used to make this tea are from the evergreen Ilex Kuding cha plant which is grown in China. The long narrow leaves are twisted together to form distinctive long stick/spike-like shapes.  Another distinctive feature, as its name implies, is its bitter taste. Though, some drinkers find that the bitterness is followed by a slightly sweet taste.

Kuding tea was famous for its many uses and it is popular still for ailments such as improving memory and focusing the mind; calming fidgetiness; alleviating the common cold, being useful for clearing the head and rhinitis; itching eyes; headaches; alleviating sinusitis; and treating bronchitis.  It is also said to improve digestion; lower blood pressure and reduce cholesterol. Kuding tea contains many anti-oxidants so is helpful for detoxing.

Do not drink Kuding tea during pregnancy or if you've recently given birth or are breast feeding; during menstruation; have low blood pressure. Also do not drink 1 month before and after surgery.

If you want more information on the Kuding tea and reading more about it then here is the website ———> https://www.teasenz.com/kuding-tea#.W3vDL6R_XYV

•••••

The hybrid kowtowed towards Kuan-Yin upon awakening from recovering, "Please make me your servant, I owe you my life after you have saved me and so many others, " The hybrid pleaded with desperate eyes. Kuan-Yin could only sigh as she was debating on what to do with the hybrids that awaited outside the alchemist institute as there were at least 50 or so of them.

Kuan-Yin was lacking with loyal people to serve under her. This was an opportunity to recruit more people under her, "Ok I will make all of you as my servants but you are to be loyal and never betray me as there will be severe consequences, but you will have food, living quarters, a wage and a job assigned to you depending on what you suited with," The hybrids cheer in unison as they had food, income and a place to call home. Kuan-Yin sorted the hybrids into different jobs depending on their strengths.

Over the weeks, the hybrids adapted to the training for their jobs. Fan mentored the hybrids in the assassin unit in stealth and poisons even though he was young but he was well versed in his speciality, the assassin unit mostly involved hybrids were very lean, flexibility and agile bodies.

Master Zhong mentored the hybrids in the medical unit in various pills and potions in the strictest conditions, hybrids which were trained were talented in alchemy or had some medical knowledge.

Susu mentored the hybrids in the accounting and sales unit with various calculations and helping with the shop, which in fact helped raise sales by 15 %. The hybrids that were trained were academically smart and logical.

Chen trained the hybrids that were more suited for fighting. While Kuan-Yin helped the pregnant hybrid women and children. Kuan-Yin had specific numbers of the ratio of each unit the hybrids were on and the ratios weren't balanced, some units had too many while others had too little. There were 52 hybrids that weren't included was the pregnant women or children, the ratio between the assassin unit, medical unit, accounting and sales unit, fighting unit and the servant unit wasn't balanced between each other.

4 : 6 : 8 : 22 : 12

There were too many fighters compare to the other units. But, in the upcoming events, she would need an army at her command. Every hybrid was at least Dou Master or Dou spirit rank which was sufficient for them to defend themselves. Kuan-Yin was filling out forms and sorting them into categories materials, resources for cultivation, sourcing ingredients for alchemy and reports on other objectives. An extravagant envelope laid in front of her, "This is for you, " Chen circle around the table to beside Kuan-Yin, "It's the Winter Banquet in celebration of another year of a prosperous alliance with the Righteous Sect, "

Righteous Sect? She had heard of all of the big shot sects on all the continents yet she never about the Righteous Sect. "Righteous Sect? Never heard of it, " Kuan-Yin continued to sort through all the paperwork.

"The Righteous Sect is famous because of their sect leader, Jia Mu Bai, " Chen was frightened by the murderous intent emitting off her, "And I'm guessing he is another but apparently he boasts about having the strongest alchemist supporting him, you, Lian Daiyu, " Chen turned towards Kuan-Yin's direction to see her reaction and what he saw was Kuan-Yin's silently sitting but he has a feeling that the quieter she was the more anger there was and he was right. Kuan-Yin was angry beyond compare, Mu Bai who was a close friend was one of the people that had betrayed her. What she hated the most was that someone was impersonating her even though she was already dead.

Kuan-Yin felt a pair of arms was firmly wrapped around her slender body, "Thank you, Chen, " she kissed his cheek, "I don't what I would do without your help, " Chen was absolutely stunned at her kiss. He was simply happy with the reward of his efforts on helping her.

"Give me another kiss Yin'er, " Chen was greedy for more kisses. He struck his cheek out for more kisses but Kuan-Yin just giggled, pushing his cheek away to face her. "All you do is work why don't you spend time with me?" he complained like a child earning a giggle from Kuan-Yin. She gave a quick peck on his lips and Chen rushed in to get another kiss from her, but Kuan-Yin was faster and avoided his advances.

Once she landed behind him she hugs him, "Were you invited to the Winter Banquet?" she asked him. Chen nodded his head confirming his answer to her question, now Kuan-Yin was curious about his background since she never knew much about him. Before Kuan-Yin could ask about Chen's identity Jiangsu came bursting in Jingwei with severe injuries, instantly Kuan-Yin examined the injuries to see the extent of the wounds. Jingwei groaned in pain and Kuan-Yin immediately went to grab her equipment to proceed with her surgery, pills would do nothing against wounds like this. Though pills can enhance and reduce the recovery time of consumers.

Jingwei's wounds were deep, blood was gushing out of the wound but Jiangsu had managed to slow the bleeding down. Some bones in her legs were broken, luckily they weren't fractured to small piece otherwise it would be harder for Kuan-Yin to fix manually. "Jiangsu hold her down!" she ordered firmly and Jiangsu obeyed as he knew Jingwei was a baby to pain.

"OWWWW!! DAIYU HAVE MERCY ON ME!! I WILL NEVER SNACK ON YOUR PILLS OR FOOD AGAIN!! WUHHH!! HAVE MERCY ON ME PLEASE!!" Jingwei howled in pain as she knew Kuantan was setting her bones back to place. The whole time Jingwei was writhing in pain as Kuantan was operating on her injuries so they wouldn't heal in the fastest possible way.

"Wuhh... Yin'er you are so cruel, " Jingwei wept in sorrow and pain. Kuantan continued to bandage Jingwei's injuries so they wouldn't open again.

"You know the drill, no bathing for a couple of days, no exercise and eat the blood replenishing pills because you lost so much blood, " Kuan-Yin hit Jingwei's head and Jingwei complained at the extra damage dealt by Jingwei, "Now that is for snacking on the pills and food, those pills aren't for you snack on." Kuan-Yin scolded Jingwei like a mother. Jiangsu could only sigh in exhaustion over Jingwei as she was a handful to deal with and Kuan-Yin was in mother mode so he left the room to head home to his wife.

After Kuan-Yin finished cleaning her work table, she went to find Chen. "He had to leave for important matters, " Master Zhong's deep voice resonated throughout the empty hallways that were left barren by the disciples of the Jingwei Sect, "You should shop for a dress for the Winter Banquet, all the noble ladies are dolling themselves up for the arrival of the Cold Emperor Cheng Longwei, " the name of the Cold Emperor.

"Why would I want to dress up so fancy for an event that happens every year? Wait..." the Cold Emperor's name sounded familiar until realisation hit her like a brick, "Wait! Chen Longwei... Longwei Chen..... Chen Longwei, " Kuan-Yin mumbled the name continuously and she could only stare at her master in shock. Master Zhong could only chuckle at his disciples delayed reaction of the reveal of his grandson's identity.

"He is the Cold Emperor of the Demon Realm, my grandson and your future husband, " Master Zhong gave Kuan-Yin a straightforward answer.

"Wait, so he is a demon?" Kuan-Yin pondered on Chen's family tree, "So, doesn't that mean you are a demon yourself?" Kuan-Yin looked at her master who was smiling happily. This, confirming that Chen and her master wasn't humans at all.

"We are fox demons, " Master Zhong gave what demon race he was.

{Story Facts: Demon Foxes are considered the strongest race out of all demons and humans. Also, demons follow the rule the strongest rule and the weakest perish. But, also Demon have stronger bodies compared to humans.}