5

Jianyu quickly senses a figure entering his peripheral vision from the corner of his eye. It was the Second Prince. He was alive and well seeing as he was able to walk to this part of the Alchemist sect which was a distance away from the patient room. As he was walking over to the water pavilion where Master Zhong and Jianyu were sitting. Elder Ko, Master Zhong, and Jianyu bowed toward the Second Prince in respect, "Second Prince you haven't been acquainted with Elder Zhong and Lian Jianyu." It was quite a weird thing for Jianyu to do since it was the opposite way around for him back in his old life.

Elder Zhong bowed towards the Second Prince, "It's an honor to meet you." He cracked a faint smile as if to show courtesy to the only Prince that he acknowledged from the current lineup of heirs and current Crown Prince. You could say that he was fond of this Prince.

The Second Prince smiled politely, "I heard about your reputation and achievement." He had heard plenty of stories, rumours, and gossip about the famous Master Zhong who traveled frequently. It was rather difficult for people to get a hold of his service since he was dubbed one of the best alchemists of this era. Even the current Emperor who had a close relationship with Master Zhong couldn't hold him down.

The second prince turned to look at Lian Jianyu, "Your Highness it's a pleasure to meet you." Jianyu bowed in respect seeing as it was only polite to show respect to this individual who was an heir to the dragon throne. 

The Second Prince could only look at the Alchemist curiously who hadn't tried to butter him up at their first meeting. "Are you the alchemist that saved my life?" he asked since the youth's voice was very similar to the one that save him yesterday. Lian Jianyu could only nod in response since he didn't want to speak a lot.

He gave a small token with a phoenix engraved on the white jade. Intricate designs of dragons and chrysanthemums with other various symbolic murals were also engraved onto the small piece of jade. The level of craftsmanship was incredible. Whoever this craftsman had created this exact piece was especially skilled. For his artwork to able to carve such detailed images on a small piece of jade. The jade was of the highest quality which made it very valuable. The value of this jade would be worth enough materials for an alchemist to live lavishly for the majority of their lifetime.

This act of giving the jade tablet was of utmost significance "This is a gift to you for saving my life." He smiled at Lianyu happy to someone competent to take care of his wellbeing, "It's a token for you to allow entrance into the palace because I can trust that your prescription will work." He nonchalantly had given Jianyu free access to the Imperial Palace, awaiting his response.

Jianyu was stunned as he held the golden jaded tablet "So you are asking me to be your personal alchemist?" Jianyu asked and the Prince nodded in response, "I'll accept." Seeing this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He accepted it.

Many alchemists that were walked around and the Master had jaws dropped to the floor. The prince personally entrusted a high position to a young boy who had barely reached 20, they wanted to spit blood out. Master Zhong, on the other hand, was laughing at the reactions of the other alchemist that were shocked by the situation that heaven has been bestowed on this young boy. The heavens still favoured his favourite disciple.

Jianyu, thus, began his duties as the Second Prince physician, "You will have to drink the herbal soup which I have given your servant the recipe, twice a day, one in the morning and one in the evening every day so your recovery period will be shortened to one month." Jianyu began writing up a specialised prescription that had many ingredients that weren't available in normal herbal dispensaries. "Exercise lightly for the next two weeks then after that exercise moderately for another two weeks which will help strengthen your body. I want you to cultivate as much as possible because during this time and you must eat the meals that I will provide to your chef." Jianyu spoke in a professional manner as he handed off the main priorities to the Second Prince's servant who was dutifully writing everything down.