38

The video above is used for the part of the singing. Start from 18:31.

"We mustn't look for them eldest sister!" A man with navy dark scales covered his body and instead of legs he had a tail. "It isn't time!" He firmly held a woman's arm.

The woman ripped her arm away from him harshly, "When is the right time!" Her glossy red eyes ferociously glared at her younger brother, "I am not denying our sister's children their chance of freedom, their time for their transformation is near."

The two merpeople stared at each other. The female had a coral shade of scales on her tail and body, her flamboyant red hair floated above her head. The male had a deep shade of navy scales all over his body and tail.

"Brother whether you like it or not I will bring them back home with me," The coral scaled mermaid packed clothing, supplies and weapons for her trip to the Eastern Lands for the alliance.

A purple scaled merman appeared and gripped the coral female, "Hua Ling you mustn't be rash your mother is the Dowager of the Merpeople you mustn't anger her!" His grip was firm but gentle towards her however Hua Ling was stubborn with her decisions. "You can't go there without her permission otherwise there will be severe consequence." The purple merman tried to persuade her.

Hua Ling frowned but sat in the coral bed nearby pondering on how to get permission. With her powerful tail, she darted towards the dowager's chambers eagerly with both males on her tail. Hua Ling burst through the door while a group of elderly women were playing chess. "Ling'er How many time do I have to tell you to follow palace etiquette!" An elderly woman stood up gracefully and swam towards Hua Ling with refined grace that seems to show her authority. Magenta sea silk embellished with pearly peach pearls adorned the elder's body perfectly showing a classy silhouette. Simple but regal.

Hua Ling bowed politely, "Excuse my behaviour however I was in a rush to discuss a matter with your mother." Posture upright, head up and graceful fin movement.

The dowager approved and dismissed her friends to privately talk with Hua Ling. Once they were alone the navy male entered the room. "Hua Ling and I want to speak with your mother," the navy male calmly swam towards the mother and daughter pair.

"Hmm... What is it that the both of you want to talk with me," The dowager day on a coral chair which was cushioned by anemones which pillowed her ageing body.

Hua Ling sat opposite to her mother, "I want your permission to go the Eastern Foreign Lands."

The dowager slams her hand on the table, "I will not allow to you go to that wretched place!" Silence permeated through the air it was suffocating. It had also been like this since their father and sister had passed away. Hua Ling clenched her hand digging her fingers into her palm until she bled. Her brother took her hand in his and put an ointment on it.

Hua Ling was frustratingly stubborn, so she knelt on her tail on the floor and placed her head on the floor, "Mother please allow me to go to the surface to attend the banquet!" Hua Ling was desperate to take back her niece and nephew back home. "I will willingly allow you to marry me to whoever you choose and I will not complain." Hua Ling pleaded desperately for a chance to attend.

Seeing that Hua Ling was desperately pleading and allowing herself to be married off willingly. The Dowager could only sigh, her children were the last of the family and she always had a soft spot for her children. "I will allow you to attend, however, your brother, general and I will come with you." The dowager took Hua Ling by the arm and lifted her, "Even though I have a grudge against the East foreign lands... I still want to see my grandchildren."

Both Hua Ling and Su Ming eyes lit up and hugged the dowager. They proceed to pack for their travels to the Eastern Foreign Lands. They have bought gifts to give to the Emperor of the Eastern Lands and many gifts for the niece and nephew. Outside the palace was a seashell chariot which was linked to a line of sea kelpies which pulled the chariot. After travel far to the port, they transformed their fins into legs to walk on. It was sunset when they came out of the ocean, the sea breeze was warm carrying the scent of the ocean far and wide. The waves of the gently crashed into the cliffs which encased the beach they stood in. The sound of the seabird which often come to find homes.

A beautiful and melodious voice echoed through the beach, hauntingly beautiful. The young voice of a mermaid. The song was powerful but was heavily accented with emotions of grief, sorrow and parting of the living. Another voice accompanied the young voice, it was much deeper almost smoky, showcasing emotions of the parting and their bravery. The range of their octaves smoothly shifted however it was still shaky and amateurish but the singing still had potential.

Hua Ling, Su Ming and the Dowager stared at the direction of the singing. The Dowager stared longingly at the cliff where the singer was located however couldn't see their appearance. Tears fell down her face as she reminisced about the past, the laughter of all of her children, singing with her family and singing with her beloved. The singers had a voice which had aa mix of her beloved and her eldest daughter. The song had ended.

The four merpeople went to the palace to receive accommodation for their stay in the Eastern Foreign Lands. Hua Ling, Su Ming and the Dowager sat together on the veranda singing melodies of past memories.

—————

Hey! It's been a long time seen I last updated BMD, however, it's due to having lots of work from school since I'm a senior. Also, the 31 March was my birthday so I am a year older. I won't be revealing my age. The 2nd of April is when BMD will turning one years old.