7

杜鹃 means Azaleas

The Azalea flower is a symbol of femininity and of softness. Its meanings are Remembering your home with fondness or wishing to return to it, Taking care of yourself and your family, Temperance, Passion that is still developing and fragile, Elegance and wealth, Femininity and feminine beauty, Abundance, especially of beauty or intelligence.
A death threat – only when sent in a black vase.

•••••

A small child waddled clumsily on fours to the aunt that was waiting for the nephew to reach her arms. Kuan-Yin waited for her nephew to find his way to her, playing with her nephew who was barely one year old. He was so adorable that with his round plump face which seemed to be full of water. She imagined that if she were to pinch his cheeks water could be squeezed out. Ever since Kuan-Yin had saved her son from imminent death, her sister-in-law, Chu Hua, trusted her with the child. As she knew Kuan-Yin would take care of Hong-li while she was cooking.

The door of the residence opened to reveal Kuan-Yin's disheveled brother, Kuan-Bai, who had finished his duties, "Yin'er how come you didn't tell me you were coming?" Her brother that had just come in was surprised by the visit of his little sister. It was a happy sight to see that she was playing with his son.

Kuan-Yin's brother wiped the sweat from his face with his sleeve, "You were busy with work so I didn't want to disturb you," Kuan-Yin replied while playing with Hong-li who was happily playing with a toy she made. He put all his weaponry down on the rack that was nearby and sat down on the ground opposite his sister. Kuan-Yin turned Hong-li towards her brother encouraging him to welcome his father back home. So, he waddled clumsily to his father who began crying.

The sight of a grown man crying wasn't something that occurred often since Kuan-Bai was known to be a happy-go-lucky man, "Gege why are you crying?" Kuan-Yin was surprised, her brother sniffled as he hugged Hong-li in his arms.

To preserve such a memory, "Hong-li barely goes to me willing." He cuddled Hong-li for a long time until he began fussing about being released. Hong-li tumbled to the ground before crawling towards his mother who was setting up the table for dinner.

Sister in Law had just noticed that her husband had returned, "Oh dear, you're back." Chua Hua placed dishes on the table for everyone to eat, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming home early?" Her steps were silent as she walked toward her husband. Placing a lovingly kiss her husband on the cheek, welcoming him home. This action immediately revitalised the tired man from the tiring day.

Kuan-Bai wrapped his arms around Chu Hua's waist and pulled her close to him, lovingly kissing her passionately on the lips. Chu Hua was weak against her husband's love for her but she immediately pushed him away. "Dear there are minors here." She coughed and Kuan-Bai scratched his head in embarrassment. "Hurry let's eat." Chu Hua picked up her child that was crawling toward her and everyone began gathering around the dinner table.

Kuan-Bai took Hong-li from her arms, carrying Hong-li in his arms to the table. He took out the chair for his wie to sit down before setting down his child on another chair. Kuan-Yin followed to the table and sat next to Chu Hua. "Yin'er have you had any success in any marriage proposals," Chu Hua curiously asked as she placed some side dishes into her bowl. Kuan-Yin froze on her spot unable to answer. Kuan-Bai, on the other hand, was feeding Hong-li, and slammed his hand on the table. This shocked everyone at the dinner table.

He gave a brief explanation, "Yin'er is not getting married anytime soon." Chu Hua and Kuan-Yin flinched at the sudden action. He was spewing as he was trying to hold himself back. He was sensitive to these topics as he knew there have been no marriage proposals since people found out she had no cultivation abilities. But, now that she did he didn't want her to fall recklessly in love with someone that wouldn't love her wholeheartedly. He was a true brother that cared for her and her wellbeing. He would be the first to judge the person that would want Kuan-Yin's hand in marriage.