11

水仙 means Narcissus also Daffodils

Prosperity and wealth, especially in the future, The arrival of spring, Rebirth and renewal, Good luck and happiness, Future misfortune, Narcissism and egotism, The austerity and challenges of Lent, Clarity and inspiration, The Chinese New Year

•••••

As Jianyu was walking into the streets, "I forgot to ask his name," Jianyu laughed at his own forgetfulness, "I'll ask next time." he began to walk back to the alchemist institution. As soon as he headed to his Master's office there was Susu taking a break from the intensive lesson from Master Zhong. She had quite the distressed expression from the drilling of Master Zhong.

As soon as her eye wandered around the room which eventually landed on Jianyu. She bolted up immediately, "Master you have returned!" She smiled and went into the kitchen which was in the living quarters that they were living in. The wok which was steaming hot had a dessert soup. With some clothes she rushed back to the office holding a bowl of sweet jujube soup for her master to eat.

Seeing the hardworking Susu still serving him. "Thank you Susu, " He took a huge gulp of the thick soup to his lip, tasting the abundance of sweet flavours. Jianyu took out his hairpin revealing gorgeous flowing hair and changed changed but to Kuan-Yin as she tied it loosely and taking off the mask revealing her feminine features.

Soon, another person arrived in the office to reveal Jiangsu who was holding a stack of papers, "Daiyu the preparations are complete for all the materials required, " Jiangsu moved toward Kuan-Yin showing the reports of progression, "All we need to do to prepare for the trip." He pointed out on a map of the general location of Kuan-Yin's objective.

Kuan-Yin released a sigh, "Jiangsu address me as Kuan-Yin, only use my old name if it requires the situation." Daiyu was dead so there was no need for the old name. From now on, she is Kuan-Yin. Kuan-Yin looked over the reports approving the progress of the plans, "Jingwei and I will set out tomorrow morning, Susu will be organising the pill shop, Fan will be looking over the location of the Spider Lily and Jiangsu be careful on your errand." Kuan-Yin held onto Jiangsu's sleeve knowing how dangerous it was for him to travel far from his sect.

He placed a hand over her hand, "I'll be fine, " He smiled to reassure her knowing that she was a worry wart, "I have grown in strength since the last time we were working together." He began flexing his strength. Despite having a slender frame he was quite solid from tempering his body.

Kuan-Yin couldn't help but feel worry about him, "Still, I don't want you to face danger especially since I have come into this body and I have to restart back to a weak person, " Tears formed at the corner of her eyes, "I do not want to lose anyone, I don't think I will be able to handle another heartbreak if you or Jingwei die." Hot tears endlessly fell down, the harsh sobs echoed through the room.

It was quite awkward that only of the most powerful master was crying so openly, "Kuan-Yin you have Master Zhong, Susu and Fan with you now." He hurriedly went to rub her back to calm the emotional Kuan-Yin. "It'll be okay, I will bring extra support with me tomorrow." Now that she was weak now after being so strong for so long. She couldn't even help anyone in danger even if she wanted to.

Kuan-Yin eyes were red from the constant rubbing of tears and her voice was hoarse from the crying. The last time she cried this hard only happened when her close relatives were slaughtered by her other relatives because of power struggles within the household. Only she survived the slaughter with agonising wounds and a strong will to avenge those who killed her relatives. Her emotions were always unstable. When her family who had been dragged into her fight, threatening to kill them, it caused a mental breakdown. Family relations was a strength and a weakness for Kuan-Yin so she had only had a select few people as family.

She rubbed the tears away which only made her eyes redder than before. Jiangsu took out a small container with a familiar plant cutting into the slimy but cooling plant and placing it on Kuan-Yin's eyes. He then guided her on the couch, "Rest, you have been stressing yourself out too much." Jiangsu soothed the emotional girl who was before him. Kuan-Yin's eye grew heavy from exhaustion and stress of trying to get stronger as fast as possible. The darkness quickly overwhelmed her and her breathing slowed, her heartbeat also slowed in rest.

Jiangsu walked out of the room and went to find Susu Kuan-Yin's servant, "Susu pack Kuan-Yin's bags for tomorrow most preferably pack weapons, medicine, bandages and armour." Jiangsu walked off after he requested from Susu.

Kuan-Yin opened her eyes to find it was already night. Her eyes were slightly red and puffy from the crying but it wasn't as bad. "Fan what did you find anything?" A shadow flashed in front of her and bowed.

Fan was kneeling on the ground, "Not yet, but I have a rough idea on where it is." Fan kept his head bowed, "It's in the North Fa Continent." He had finally managed to find the flower based on gossips and some investigations.

Kuan-Yin went to pat off the slimy sensation from her face, "Fan, I have another errand for you, go with Jiangsu tomorrow and help him if the situation is too dangerous and report to me if anything happens to Jiangsu immediately." Kuan-Yin tried to look at Fan in the dark, "Go rest up for tomorrow it will be a tough battle for you, be prepare for anything." Fan stood up and walked out of the office to go to his living quarters.

Kuan-Yin walked in the gardens of the Jingwei Sect and she sensed a powerful force behind her. She quickly put distance from the person and herself. But the other force came as quickly as she went to stop herself from falling into the pond. She quickly tried to move away because she was still too weak in this body of hers but an arm wrapped itself around her waist. A pair of lips connected with her, Kuan-Yin panicked and tried to escape. But, the man in front of her was too strong, her futile attempts at bashing the man to let go were dismissed easily.

He finally stopped his kisses and smirked at Kuan-Yin's flushed face, "You taste divine."

Kuan-Yin tried to squirm out of his hold, "Unhand me bastard," she grabbed a thin needle and went to stab him in an acupuncture spot. But he chuckled at her attempt at hurting him with an ancient art, while she struggled to get away from his grip. She continued to try other ways to get his grip to loosen, each time would fail and she would get frustrated. She thought of an underhanded trick on her sleeve, she pressed her lips against her captor's lip which distracted him but gave her enough time to execute her plan. She kicks him in the nether region as hard as she could, her captor's grip loosens and she slipped away.

She ran to Jingwei's sleeping quarters using qi in her legs to make herself faster, she slammed the door open, "JINGWEI!" Jingwei immediately woke up and chased the mysterious captor but lost him almost immediately. Jingwei came back to find a flushed faced Kuan-Yin on the ground breathing hard, "I will never get married." Kuan-Yin cried.

Jingwei jumped backwards in fright at the sudden sight of Kuan-Yin crying, "What happened?" Kuan-Yin explained what had happened to her. Jingwei only could comfort her because she was a beast that could not relate to humans.