4

梅花 means plum blossom

Plum blossoms are a symbol of resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity because plum blossoms often bloom most vibrantly even amidst the harsh winter snow. these plum flowers symbolize hope and a promise that spring is right around the corner.
_________________________________

My body was heavy, my limbs were stiff as frost spread all over my body. Each step was harder than the previous one, each breath was more desperate than the last. My servant rushed over in a panic, "Call the alchemist tower! The prince is having another relapse of his Frost physique." My vision began to spot darkness and I began to start to fall unconscious.

My consciousness was fading in and out as people rushed toward me. Voices were muffled as people were moving, the trotting of the horses and the familiar voice of the alchemists that surrounded me ever since my frost physique first appeared. It was a hopeless situation. There was nothing or no one that could cure this damned illness in the beginning. Thoughts of death soon began to accumulate which would have bought peace of mind of having to live a life of pain and suffering.

My body heat was plummeting downhill as time continued to pass as the alchemist was discussing ways to help. The last treatments the alchemist prescribed me were ineffective now, no alchemist could save me from this stupid physique that is going to stay with him for the rest of his life. They would continue to preserve his life so that they could harvest money from this illness.

The door slammed open with two new voices came into the room, one was very young probably 14 or 15 years old and the other was an old alchemist which he had never heard of. The loud argument of the alchemist began bashing against my head causing severe pain. The young one was scolding Master Chen for being incompetent for his abilities were very high yet the young boy was confident in saying he was better than him. Strangely, this boy has a unique personality. He was the only one who managed to control the room. The room was quiet so the pain was bearable, to say the least.

I felt a soft slender hand pressed against my back to make me sit upright which was slightly uncomfortable and my chi was circulating my body like a gentle stream. There was a flood of relief that soar through my body that I had never felt in so long that it bought tears. From what I had heard the thing that was causing my lifelong suffering was a parasite. All those years of suffering had disappeared just because of the appearance of a strange person. Then a hundred or more needles struck my body and the pain was very intense as if I could spit blood out. After a while, something was slowly moving up against my throat and I spat it out in disgust as it was revolting. 

But, after I spat out the moving thing there was a sense of relief that coursed through my body as if I was cured for good. Soon, the pressure of the hundred needles was released and I was finally released from the hellish torture that happened. The person who was treating me was taken out of the room. I wanted to see my benefactor who had bought me out of my suffering. 

After what had felt like a millennium, my eyes finally had movement in them and my eyelid finally opened to be stung by the bright rays of the sun. "Master you have finally woken up." My trusted servant, Tian Yi, sprung up into action, "Are you in pain?" He gently pulled me into the upright position so that I could sit up. I shook my head which cause tears to well in the tear ducts of my servant who was relieved to see that I was well.

Though I was cured my body was incredibly weak, "Water.." My throat and lips were parched as I had been dehydrated due to the Parasite that inhabited my body. My servant, Tian Yi poured a cup of water for me to drink. The cool liquid slid down my throat easily while soothing my dry throat. This was the first time I ever felt so comfortable in my body.

Tian Yi stood up to a simmering pot that smelled strongly of medicine which wasn't an unusual occurrence for me, "Master, the alchemist told me to make you take this medicine." Tian Yi poured the herbal liquid into a bowl. Thinking like it was like any other medicine that I had previously taken. I grabbed the bowl and drank it in one gulp, "Master you were not supposed to drink it." Tian Yi's face immediately went pale seeing that I had drained the entire bowl of medicine.

I looked at Tian Yi frightened that I might have done something that could cause more damage to myself. While Tian Yi looked worried and suddenly my body went into an excruciating pain like I never had felt before. The medicine seemed to be taking any impurities out of my bones that were left behind by the Frost Parasite. Black liquid oozed out of my pores which shocked me at how much damage the Parasite had left behind.

Tian Yi was both terrified but relieved that I was well and bought me into the bathroom to wash off the black substance that was excreted from my pores. The smell was pungent. As I was cleaning the substance off, the once clear water was stained into a charcoal colour which made me want to vomit internally. But, I held my stomach. There were clothes already prepared in advance and I changed into the robe feeling a sense of renewal.

The humiliation and the weakness I have felt ever since my cultivation had been stripped were destroyed. There was a chance to come back to the cultivation world once again. The people who have talked behind my back and humiliated me will pay me back tenfold when I come back. I decided to walk around the institute since my condition had improved. Many alchemists were rushing to classes or to their private alchemy room to experiment or perfect their recipes. It wasn't an unusual sight. The intuition was easy to navigate as I came here often due to a friendly parasite that inhabited my body for years.

Now that parasite has been taken out, I could return to resume my training. The halls were now quiet due to the absence of people talking in the hallway. Continuing to venture through the institute. I continued to walk with a sense of lightness on my feet into a water garden that had a pavilion inhabited by three people. Two males were about the same age while there was a much younger one sitting with them.

Master Ko was one of the older men while the other two were unknown to him. As I walked closer to the water pavilion I heard the voices much clearer. The two mysterious people were the people that were treating him, "Greetings to Your Majesty." Master Ko immediately noticed him and bowed to him immediately. The other followed to do the same thing as Master Ko. I took a closer look at the young male, he has a beautiful face that many women would envy. His facial feature was very feminine, his skin was white as bone, his hair was black as ebony and his lips were the colour of cerise. "Second Prince you haven't been acquainted with Elder Zhong and Lian Jianyu." Master Ko presented the two mysterious males that were sitting with him at the water pavilion.