I Found You: Modern AU One Shot

Kuan Yin was sitting at her embroidery loom working on a piece, a silhouette of a beautiful woman holding a red spider lily being protected by a nine-tailed fox who wrapped its tail around her. A set of footsteps entered Kuan Yin's vision, "Impressive work," Zhong Yin, the head seamstress, viewed her work with high praise, "What's the inspiration behind this?" Seeing the unfinished beautiful embroidered work let high praise in Zhong Ying's mind, wanting to take Kuan-Yin as a permanent employee after her interning period.

The incomplete embroidery work caused Kuan Yin to feel quite unsure behind the inspiration of her work as it was a fuzzy image in her mind, "In a dream," This was quite an unexpected answer which surprised Zhong Ying, "I feel like it has been many centuries ago," Kuan Yin touch the threads that were embedded in her embroidery. Zhong Ying smiled and continued to let Kuan Yin continue finishing the embroidery. As Kuan Yin was finishing up the last finishing touches and a notification came onto the screen of her phone.

【Jingwei】: Hey! Yin'er don't forget we are having a hot pot at Jiangsu's place!

【Kuan Yin】: Haha! All you care about is the food.

【Jiangsu】: Someone bring some alcohol! I forgot to grab some on the way home.

【Jingwei】: Why didn't you say that earlier! I'm already at the apartment block! (#`皿')(#`皿')

【Jiangsu】: Kuan Yin can you get some?

【Jingwei】: Hey! Don't ignore me! (/‵Д′)/~ ╧╧

【Kuan Yin】: Sure thing, I will get some

【Jingwei】: (●'Д'●) I can't believe you two are bullying me!

Kuan Yin laughed at Jingwei's message, immediately closing her phone to pack up her material, "Boss! I'm going now!" Shouting from the front door behind closing the door right behind her before running to the closest liquor store and buying a bottle of strong lychee rose wine, hibiscus wine and a pack of beer. The owner of the store was someone Kuan Yin was quite well acquainted with since she always bought alcohol from him and gave her a discount. With a happy heart with the discount of the alcohol, Kuan Yin waved over a taxi to the street she was standing on. As soon as she entered the cab and told the street address of the apartment block. Kuan-Yin took out her finished embroidered piece, staring at the image with a sense of fondness over the nine-tailed fox. The taxi driver finally reached the area that Kuan Yin requested for, and after receiving payment drove off.

Kuan Yin was left on the street by herself in the slightly chilly Autumn wind and knew that Jiangsu's place was going to be warm. Kuan Yin rushed to the apartment block to take cover from the cold winds to enter the passcode. Entering the elevator, she pressed the number 8 and remained relatively quiet until a man came running towards the elevator, "Wait! Hold the elevator!" She quickly blocked the elevator from closing using her hand to allow the man to enter the elevator, "Thank you!" He gasped for air as his face was completely flushed and his breathing heavily to compensate for rushing to enter the elevator. On closer inspection, the man looked about he was in his late twenties with well-defined face structures and mischievous but almost playful eyes. Kuan Yin bitterly sulked as the man was about 2 heads taller than her, her short stature and baby face made people think she was a teenager still in high school yet she was a full-grown adult woman.

Kuan Yin gave a wry smile as she wasn't comfortable with people that she was familiar with, "You're welcome!" Quickly shuffling her foot to stand to the corner farthest away from him. This caused the man to snicker which caused Kuan Yin to blush from embarrassment.

Kuan Yin adjusted her grip of the alcohol that she was carrying, "You must behave some dinner plan with some friends if you are going to be drinking that much," the man attempt to make small talk as the elevator continued to go up through the floor occasionally stopping for the resident in the apartment block.