Chapter Two

Chapter Two

There was an undoubtable stench of blood that lingered in the humid air. It surrounded the young teens senses, like a lingering perfume. And faint smell of cut grass, mixed into the spring air that surrounded the area. The blood however over powered it in more then one way.

Tsuna simply looked down at his he newly deathly pale skin of his hand to see red painted across it, while his uniform suffered from the same fate. The teens expression held nothing but a stoic outlook, the same he shared with everyone, an entire being that of uncaring. He did nothing but sigh at the loss of another uniform. It was the third this week. The end result of blood soaking through the white fabric like a dry sponge. The fabric was non washable at this point. It was forever gone. To him that was all he really had to be concerned about, besides studying for, what he already knew would be, a easy test. A way of distracting himself from boredom.

Tsuna looked up from his hand, seeing the empty street, looking up at the blue sky. The birds flew freely above his head, while the clouds drifted carelessly up above in slow motion. The afternoon light slowly turning into a dark ominous feeling that crept up into Tsuna's bones. He looked around before standing up and slowly began to walk away.

Regardless of the feeling in the air, his body felt more relaxed and loss at the feeling of calm washed over his senses. Though it didn't last long when the feeling grew, his body went back to alert mode almost instantly, even with no visible threat around. It was a mechanism his body had designed long ago, and even now still operates, regardless of the non threat. It was his way to fend for himself without having to be in pointless scuffles. In the sense he was somewhat a prodigy. His father, when he was still around, had forced training on him.

The only thing threatening around here was the 'supposed bullies' who had taken a liking to Tsuna sometime ago. Tsuna could careless about them, it never affected him in any way, besides the loss of another perfectly good uniform.

His mind drifted off again taking in the surroundings, only reacting when something that could be a threat appeared before continuing. His body moved silently, gliding against the now cooling hot concrete, using muscle memory to guide his way home. The chirps of birds mixed into dying day light, as many turned to sleep for the night.

The lamp post began to turn on, illuminating the streets.

Tsuna could faintly feel the presence of someone, or something's begin to gather. His eyes darting in many directions, while his hand clenched his strap of his bag. The blood on his uniform had begun to dry. Leaving cracked spots of the dry liquid on his skin and brown little patched on his uniform, yet most of the blood was still wet.

He picked up his pace every time he could feel whatever its as getting closer. The wind blew harshly, and the overlaying feeling of pending doom loomed over the petite burnet. The sound of growling and snarling making its way into the air, causing Tsuna to glance in the direction before taking off into a sprint. He was sure he knew what they were now. It wasn't uncommon for them to be out and about, especially if a rift is present. Allowing them to wedge themselves through and into their world.

He continued to run, until he was suddenly stopped by the creatures walking out from the dark and into the light.

Tsuna looked behind him. Scanning the area before sighing.

Demons

And not the friendly kind either. These were Tsuna's least favorite out of the classes. They were Class Ones. Hunger powered maniacs that attack anyone with a strong spiritual attribute, or really just anyone in general. They even attack the higher demons in hopes of climbing the ranks quickly. They were considered New Borns, Class Ones. Demons who have been newly created or came into existence, and for some, those who never grow in power. He noticed among the Class Ones were a few Class Threes, and it was obvious they were using the New Borns to get what they wanted. More power.