Chapter Nineteen

Previously...

"You remember my voice after all!" His voice was louder than before, while the eagerly pleased demon began to rant. Almost as if he was a love sick puppy. At that moment Reborn noticed a abnormal dark shadow retreating back, the voice growing distant with it. But resurfaced each time it appeared.

"Go back to the inn and put up a barrier. Don't let anyone in except me" Reborn commanded.

"How will I know?" Tsuna asked.

"You'll know! Now go!" Reborn took off in a flash. Tsuna waited a moment before rushing away. Knowing that he was useless in that situation that contained two Class Fives.

Reborn could handle it. He was Reborn after all.

Present...

Tsuna rushed away with the intent on making it back to their inn where they were staying. Knowing full well that the inn had symbols and seals of different types to cast barriers and keep out evil. Specifically demons with a summoners mark, considering the towns record for sightings and attacks. Which makes it perfect hunting grounds for exorcist and students practicing.

Not before long Tsuna made a turn down another street, taking the quickest way back that didn't involve secluded alleyways or dead ends. Sticking to public roads and places populated by strangers. He knew it wouldn't stop the demons from coming but it would cause a stir among the citizens. Many of whom were licensed exorcist how could handle almost any demon. Allowing the teen to escape, while the others took care of the situation for him. (He wasn't against letting someone else handle his unwanted problems.)

Tsuna ran in between people, apologizing as he went, while shouting excuse me in every directions. Not caring if someone from his school heard him speak (since he never was mute or claimed to be). His thoughts running on over drive as he processed the new and old information. Memories piecing themselves back together as they reappeared. Surfacing at the front of his mind, like a wound that had been reopened agonizingly painful. He couldn't believe his mind had completely forced down so many of his memories. Only now they were kicked out of the little hiding space created in the corner of his thoughts. Many of them revolving around his father and some around his mother.

He could feel the striking presence of many demon souls entering the surrounding area and Tsuna could tell he wasn't the only one who noticed. About a fifth of the crowd glanced in every which way, while weapons were being drawn slowly from their resting place. He could see the concentrated looks of the skilled exorcist and calm exasperated expressions of the locals who only signed before walking faster or moving to the side.

Tsuna instantly lit up his flames before pushing his body back to dodge a incoming attack from a third class. The demon completely different in looks from the ones he met the night he freed Reborn. The only similarities lying within the creature was their human physical characteristics, that very only beginning to become prominent.

The one who attacked him rushed forward in another attempt, Tsuna's first reaction was to dodge before doubling back into an attack. He allowed his body to move on its on. Only focusing on the other threats around his current area, while keeping a count of how many appeared in his radius of sensory.

The other skilled fighters took on many of other demons, all of which were different looks, shapes and sizes. He knew each demons looks represented which plane they coincide on, although in Tsuna's mind, the only thing that mattered when that came to it was their weakness that came with that particular plane.

He threw a punch at the demon before using his elbow to collide with a demons race behind him. The sounds of screeching roars filled the area while some exorcist communicated with one another. Working together to destroy the hoard of demons that only seemed to keep growing.

By the time Tsuna had a chance to breath more creatures slowly filtered into the surrounding area, all just as ugly and distorted as the last.

"It never ends" Tsuna mumbled. He whipped his brow before observing his options presented to him. Although he hated the thought of dealing with the hoard of monsters, he wasn't sure how long the rest could last before they themselves begin to lose. He wasn't against letting them help fight his battle however, he was against letting innocent people die or become severely injured because of him. It just wasn't how he was.

"Hey! Over here" Tsuna shouted, all the while repeating over in his head how stupid this idea was. He could mentally picture Reborn smacking the back of his head, while lecturing him, even though a small part of him is somewhat impressed and proud of the actions the burnet preformed.

The demons looked over to Tsuna in a instant. Finally able to lock onto the true target of their agenda. They quickly dodged the other exorcist in favor for following after the younger teen.

He picked up speed, watching as people stepped aside (feeling slightly concerned that they didn't panic, make a fuss or even give a care about the situation at hand). His eyes darted to the inn, a small smile starting to form on his lips before being replaced by a exhausted frown and narrowed brows.

More demons crowed the front, making it nearly impossible to enter without engaging the group of demons, which wasn't a problem for him, however, he knew he couldn't fight them without inviting the others behind him to play. He quickly made a turn, running back many of the ways he had gone with Reborn until he found the old shrine. His breathing labored from extended exercise and his brows slick with sweat. He quickly carried himself up the steps before rushing into the building, ignoring almost anything but what was useful to him.

Tsuna stopped once he entered the specific room. The sounds of snarls, grunts and other unworldly noises stopped until complete silence overtook the entire room. He scanned it for a minute, determining whether they had gone or not, even though he knew they were still lurking around somewhere.

It was harder to sense other demons outside of the shrine after visiting before. Both Reborn and this unknown class five had both released power among many the seals, allowing the power to be spread out and like their own little signals. Making one being in the room feel like twenty.

He moved around in circles until the sound of digging and clawing started. A sigh escaped his lips before he spoke tiredly "seriously.."

Soon the room began to shake from every corner. Demons slowly ripping it apart inside and out until they could finally get in. Tsuna attempted to summon Reborn, only to get nothing in return. He knew he was a capable fighter however, he wasn't confident he could beat a hoard that never ceased to stop growing and instead tripled every minute he went un-captured.

Tsuna looked around the room for any other option before staring at the ruins in the middle. While cursing at himself repeatedly.

"Reborn is going to be so pissed" the burnet said thoughtfully. He pushed more of his attribute out allowing the Flame to grow in size before trying the other thus he could think of.

Tsuna went back to the night he released Reborn. There was three significant factors that played out that night. First was his attribute, second the demons he fought and thirdly the excessive bleeding all over the floor. Although all factors were present, or would be in moments anyways, he couldn't place anything that would I summon the demon other than two of the three. His attribute and his blood. Somewhat like a summoning.

Tsuna looked around the room until he found a sharp piece of glass and gliding it harshly against his palm. Holding his up for a moment while watch the demons finally build in ranks as they filter into the room.

"I'm dead either way, at least I can reason with Reborn." He tilted his hand to let the blood that pulled on his palm fall to the ground. Making sure his attribute is well involved as he stood dead center in the middle. Thinking about the rain symbol and what kind of demon he was about to meet.

Tsuna stood there dumbly, noticing that nothing was working. The demons instantly began their assault and as Tsuna was getting ready to counterattack, a bright blue light appeared before him. The entire room lit up as the sound of agonizing demon cries filled the room.

"I'm finally free, Kora!"