Chapter Nine

[Unedited]

Perviously...

He watched as his summoner walk away. Taking the towel he had in his hands and putting it over his head. Rubbing gently at his head as he walked away. Reborn allowing a long breath he hadn't realized he was holding out. A wicked smile creeping upon his lips. He was intrigued, and he knew he would be for a long time.

Present...

The room was all but silent, except for the soft breathing of the burnet. He laid peacefully on his bed, while sleep consumed him. He had been waiting for this day, for what felt like months on end. The beginning of spring break. One of his favorite times of the year, among the other breaks before and after.

The light barely came through the window, bits and pieces coming through. However, the light was still barely noticed, as the sun had only began to show itself. The outside air crisp and fresh, while dew gently glided down the grass, and some forming on newly spun webs.

"Tsuna... hey... oi!" The sounds of Reborns voice echoed throughout the house as he raised it with every word. His eyes narrowing and his mouth down turned into a frown. He stared down at the burnet, watching as his chest rising and following in a repetitive motion. He looked around the room, taking everything once again before turning back to the burnet.

"Tsuna, wake up." With his last word, the taller male smirked and reached for the top of his hat. Picking up a green reptile that laid silently on the black rim. He brought the creature down, and in an instant the little being turned into a large mallet. Reborn set the large instrument back on his shoulder. Looking once more before shouting the younger's name in warning.

Without a second thought, he brought it up before slamming down, only to stop inches away from his summoners head.

"Reborn... what do you think your doing?" Tsuna spoke. The back of his head still facing the demon, as he laid on the bed.

"You'll be late for school" He slyly stated. Bringing back the mallet, while Tsuna rolled over to face him.

"I'm on spring break.." he replied, while looking up at him.

"Spring break?.." Reborn questioned slightly. Giving Tsuna a look that meant to elaborate on what he meant.

"Right... sealed away demon from multiple centuries ago.." the younger male mumbled to himself as he got up from his bed.

"Well, to explain it simply. We get a short period of time after winter, the snow is gone and everything begins to begin a new. The rebirth, as we call it. It's kinda of a relaxation period for the students, so when we return we are ready to complete the year." He simply explained, while quickly changing into day clothes. Reborn following closely behind as they left his room.

"Hm" he hummed in response to the burnet's explanation.

After walking down the stairs, Tsuna walked over to the door. Quickly putting his shoes in before opening the door.

"Where are you going" Reborn asked. He felt like he's been doing nothing but ask questions since behind released. Everything was so new, and regardless of being able to practically hear the things going on within his shrine. It was impossible for him to grasps the outside worlds  current stand. To him, it was a simple task to ask the teen. Rather than wondering around for such trivial matter that was already presented to him in the form of his summoner. Reborn was curious about the new world and he wanted to learn as much as possible.

"To a café down the road, your welcome to join me, though I figured I didn't have to invite you. You seem to invite yourself to anything you want anyways." He coolly replied, side glancing at the demon to give me a sweet smile. Reborn felt the same tick as before, the small spit that leaked into Tsunas voice, made him feel like he was in a small frenzy. He was ecstatic more or less. No one ever dared to speak with him, like the boy in front of him. It wasn't that he enjoyed disrespectful attitudes, or some of the things he did. It was the guts he had. After gaining his title as one of the six demon lords of the underworld. He was feared for good reasons, which left little entertainment of such weak minded, willed, and physical beings. However, Tsuna was neither, weak minded, nor willed. He was strong physically as well. He had a strong will, and plenty of guts to pass around, with the way he spoke to him. He enjoyed such things, how could he not. The teen before him was an interesting specimen, and he was content with keeping him to himself.

The walk was long, and they quickly walked into the little café down the road, as Tsuna said. The burnet quickly shuffled over to a seat by the window. He inhaled deeply before exhale deeply, his muscles relaxing and everything that seemed to feel like stress melted away. Reborn quickly sat across from his. His arms crossed as he observed the small establishment. The lighting was dim compared to most buildings, and the aroma of baked goods, and coffee lingered in the air, while small chattered carried in the air. It was decent in the demons opinion.

"If you wouldn't mind, could you manifest, so I'm not talking to a 'empty' seat" he started as he handed a small menu to Reborn. "Pick what you want. I'll buy, and yes I do know demons don't need substance, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it right?" He said, recalling what Reborn had said in the past, practically saying that he had to order something.

"The usual?" A woman said standing next to where Tsuna sat. A small smile delicately placed on her lips. She wore normal day clothes, a pair of tight jeans that seemed to fit in all the right places. He curves more prominent, and she wore a blue t-shirt that had a v-neck. Her chocolate brown hair was back in a ponytail, and a pencil neatly tucked behind her right ear. A black apron tied around her waste. He nodded up at her with a smile. Looking over to Reborn, who watched them from under his hat. "And your friend?" She asked.

"An espresso" he simply said.

"Sure thing. I'll be right back" she cheerily said, as she walked, and a small bounce in her step. After a few minutes of silence between them. Tsuna turned to the raven haired demon before him.

"She and her husband own this café. I'm a regular here, it's one of the only places I feel at ease." He extra explained. "So is there anything you want to ask me?" Tsuna offered. Leaning back in his seat. Not long after he had asked, she had come back with their order.

Reborn took a sip of his espresso grumbling about how Tsuna's was better, earning a small laugh from the burnet in the process. He looked of to the small male. A thoughtful look plastered to his face as he stare at him.

"I see that you live alone.. do you have any family?" Tsuna stoped eating his piece of cake. His fork almost to his mouth as he prepared to eat it, he stopped mid way. Slowly putting it down on the plate.

"Yeah, I guess I technically do. My mother is dead, but my father is still alive." he quietly ate the rest of his cake, while reborn looked at him.

"Where is he now?" Reborn questioned more.

"I'm not sure, my guess is back in his comfortable mansion he calls a home.. do you think you can ask questions other than the ones about my father?" Tsuna asked almost pleadingly.

"Catch me up on this century then" Reborn avoided the questions he desperately wanted to ask. The boy he found interests in had a father, yet Tsuna doesn't seem to like the subject, and the lack of the man being around arose questions. Many that he wanted to ask, yet he held his tongue. He knew that if Tsuna wanted to speak of such things, he would. And until said time was there, he would avoid the matter.

_________________

A/N

Sorry it took so long. I hope you guess enjoyed this.