Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Humans were very strange creatures, Reborn had concurred. Especially the one in front of him.

"Do you want something to drink Reborn?" Tsuna asked, while he stood up. He picked the scattered pieces of his first aid kit, placing them back neatly into the small box before sealing it. He laid it to the side, deciding to take it to his room later when he was done figuring out what to do with Reborn. He looked to a clock that sat on a stand. Noticing it was around three in the morning. Only sighing to himself. It would be a long day tomorrow, he even contemplated missing school. It was the last day of school before the weekend. The hours for his school were morally based on when the teachers were around. It was more like college in a sense. One day class could be only for a few hours but the next day it could range from 5 to 8 hours. The only real schedule the school kept s was that they never went over three o'clock in the afternoons. Either the classes were early in the morning or later. It was just the schools way of safety precautions. Yet that didn't seem to help Tsuna, he mentally thought. He was indeed grateful Reborn had healed his major wound. His body had felt lighter, less fatigued from his previous state and even though Tsuna made it seem like he had hated the help provided at the shrine. He was grateful for that as well. He had already been fatigued by the lack of food for energy, and the first beating. A mental note instantly being taken that he should avoid most of the beatings. It was all fun and games until incident like this happened. Tsuna figured allowing himself to reveal his abilities wouldn't be a bad thing, but not until a little later. When he judged it to be a better time. A small mental grin appearing in his mind at the idea of what their reactions would be. It was all fun and games to him after all. But there was truth to what would happen if they brought reinforcements. He knew everyone had summons and he knew they wouldn't hesitate to use them on him. One of the reasons he refused to let his ability be known so easily. He rather underestimate him than overestimate him.

"You do realize demons have no need for human beverages or nutritious substances to maintain our life?" Reborn questioned. Looking to the burnet who stood by the door. Tsuna brought up a finger to his chin thinking for a moment before replying to the other.

"I know. I figured I'd ask because your my guest. Do you like sweet or bitter drinks?" His lips upturning into a small smile. The obvious feeling washing over Reborn that he was out of practice when it came to smiling. Realizing from what he's learned in a short bit of time that the teen before him was concealing his true abilities, true emotions, and possibly true identity to those outside of this house.

"Bitter" Reborn said. Watching in interest. He was curious to say the least. Reborn had never met a human that treated him so... human. He was so used to the reactions being negative. Frightening if not that, he was a demon, they were human. It was only natural they'd be scared of him, and the usual feeling of it began to become a game. However this human was different, he argued with him at first meeting (more of told him off but that was beside the point.) He allowed such a dangerous creature into his home and told him to make himself at home. Who does that? Not a human within his right mind, that's who. And now he was offering him a drink because he was his guest. He was definitely a strange human. He was different from the humans he'd meet in the past and was sure he was different from the humans in the past before they sealed him. He was still ticked. Grudge holding was long term in his mind, especially when dealing with ungrateful creatures.

Tsuna came back holding two mugs. Reborn found himself enjoying the smell of whatever it was Tsuna had made. It was warm and gave an almost relaxing smooth to the demons still lightly tense muscles. The burnet handed one of them to the other while sipping on his own. Reborn stared at it for a few moments before deciding to take a sip. His eyes widening at how good it was. The flavor was indescribable to him. Rich and smooth to the tongue. It wasn't boiling hot nor was it a muggy warm. It was just right in every way and he found himself enjoying it even more.

"What is it?" Asked Reborn. He lifted the cup up slightly to indicate towards his drink.

"It's espresso. Do you like it? I don't usually make stuff for people. So I was worried you wouldn't like it." He said while scratching the side of his head with a smile. There it was again. Treating him like he mattered. He was worried about his opinion. Reborn only smirked.

"It's good..." he trailed off. Sipping at his drink.

"I'm glade" Tsuna looked to the clock sighing heavily. It was getting later and he had to be up for school, a little later then usual, but non the less had to get up.

"You can stay here if you want. I have to go to bed. I have school in the morning." The teen said as he took his cup to the kitchen. Rinsing it out before washing it. He turned to look at Reborn one last time before heading up to bed.

___________________

Tsuna slept up until the sound of his alarm began to blare in his ear. A long groan of dissatisfaction leaving his lips due to being waken up. His eyes felt heavy still and his body ached all over.

He quickly got dressed. Deciding since he showered not that long ago it'd be pointless to waste his energy showering. He had to focus getting to school, especially since he'd planned to avoid the usual crowding crowds that he came across every morning. He hurried to the kitchen, making his lunch before bubbling on a piece of toast for breakfast. While on his way out he took a peek into the living room. Noticing his guest from last night was gone. A small fond smile gracing his lips before turning his expressions back to his stoic outlook. The usual 'no matter what you do. You can't bother me look.'

_______________________________

A/N

Chapter 5 complete. How is it so far? This is my first time doing a story in all 3rd POV so far. So there are some hiccups. Feedback helps.