Chapter Seventeen

Previously...

"Ho.." Reborn removed his hat from his head dumping the remaining water from it onto Tsuna's now partially dried hair. A smirk plastered to his face as he watched Tsuna's eyes widen and his mouth parted into a gap. "I'm childish, remember?" Reborn mocked back without any repercussions.

"Very childish," Tsuna commented as he sighed. Walking further into the old shrine, looking around without a care in the world. His eyes focused on the ruins embedded into the walls and the seals scattered in uniform pattern. His mind instantly feeling as if he had done this before, until he had opened the door to a room. Looking at the symbols on the floor before reading the one that said 'rain.'

"Reborn... I think we stumble upon one of the fifth classes that was sealed away"

Present...

Reborn glanced at the symbols among the floor boards before taking a step forward to stand by the kneeling teen.

"What makes you say that" he replied  with snark in his tone, causing Tsuna to roll his eyes slightly before standing up with crossed arms. Tsuna casted his gaze towards random spots in the shrine for closer inspection. Noticing many things he hadn't seen when he was in Reborns shrine, for obvious reason. However, the seals inside were less worn and were only slowly eaten away at. As if insects or animals were taking there time on devouring the painted paper.

"He's taking longer than expected to free himself," Reborn commented. Doing the same as his summoner and proceeded to inspect every nook and cranny in the small room.

"What do you mean?" Tsuna turned to the raven haired male, confused by his sudden outburst. He waited patiently for an answer, watching Reborn gather his thoughts before voicing them.

"The Class Five demons have immense power, as you know and regardless of the fact that the humans used an incredibly powerful seal, does not mean it will work. At least not forever. Eventually our powers are able to eat away at the seals surrounding the shrine. You remember seeing how mine were either broken or worn?" Tsuna nodded, listening silently to what he said.

"That was my power attacking each seal. Unlike this... particular demon" Reborns mouth twitched slightly, almost into a smirk, like the faint whisper of an insult was about to escape his lips. Only to stop before ever leaving his mouth. Tsuna raised an eyebrow, curious about Reborns sudden held back comment, something he never does.

"I was able to remove my seals properly" he walks steadily over to one of the seals. Running his hand gently over it before slowly turning to look at the others.

"When I was locked away behind barriers, I focused my powers on one tag at a time. Burning the scripted paper more efficiently, actively taking out each individual point much easier. Unlike what his happening here" Reborn pointed to the many seals littering the room. Allowing Tsuna to inspect them for himself, forcing the younger to formulate his own thoughts and opinions before giving the answer.

The teen walked around the room with a hum. Taking in the almost seemingly insignificant details. Noticing new developments he had not seen when he first came into the building.

"Oh. I see. Unlike what you did, attacking each tag on their own, when they are at their weakest. This demon is taking them all on at once. Making it more difficult since the power is far in between. Divided among multiple tags at once instead of destroying one at a time with full power. This method here is time consuming and overall inefficient due to the fact it takes more power to destroy so many at once. Dividing them into smaller groups or sticking to one at a time would be wiser. You'd be able to get rid of more with better timing and no excessive drainage of your power. Especially since you have more power than it really takes to destroy a single tag. That's completely brilliant on your end Reborn," Tsuna concluded awe struck. He fingered the parchment casted aimlessly on the wall. Finding the new development interesting.

"Precociously. If you hadn't come along, I'd say I'd be out of there in about a year. However, this place still has another 30 or so more years before every single tag has been burned off." Reborn turned to walk away. Striding with a smug look plastered to his face. The thoughts of his superior method and logic stroking his ego twice fold when Tsuna comment sunk deeply into his mind. Reinforcing his unwavering pride of self confidence, he couldn't be happier hearing Tsuna speak of him in high regards. The demon could feel what could be described as pride swelling up within himself at Tsuna's deduction.

"Let's get the trivial matters out of the way" Reborn said quickly. His back facing the teen as he made his way to the door, only turning to look at the other when he didn't reply.

"Shouldn't we help him?" Tsuna's face scrunched up in concern. His entire body rigid and unsure at the sudden matter at hand. He thought Reborn of all people would want to free someone he spent a great portion of his existence with when they were free. After all, he knew this world was nothing like what he had lived in before being sealed. The language or way people spoke was different, the technology was advanced, while the way the world work (outside of human behavior) was completely different.

Tsuna could see the obvious frustration from the tall demon when he didn't know something. It showed at random points, especially when Reborn convinced himself he knew how something worked only to have it be completely turned around on him. He would distance himself at first, attempting to solve his problem before subtlety hinting to Tsuna to explain.

One of Reborns quirks he learned quickly after living with the dark haired male.

Reborn only stared at Tsuna for a minute before walking over to a fairly decent looking seal that could easily be mistaken for new. He reached a hand up to grab at the end of the piece of paper, his hand emanating a small, almost unnoticeable light, before harshly yanking the tag off the wall.

"There. I saved him about half a year." he walked back to the door without another word. Leaving his summoner to ponder and wonder more about his demonic 'friend.'

________________

A/N

So these chapters are going to be everywhere. Updates will probably be random until I've worked out my new work schedule, along with activities that are getting close to being near their highest point.

For those who are waiting for the other stories, all chapters have been in progress and are half way down. So keep a look out.