Chapter Eighteen

Previously...

One of Reborns quirks he learned quickly after living with the dark haired male.

Reborn only stared at Tsuna for a minute before walking over to a fairly decent looking seal that could easily be mistaken for new. He reached a hand up to grab at the end of the piece of paper, his hand emanating a small, almost unnoticeable light, before harshly yanking the tag off the wall.

"There. I saved him about half a year." he walked back to the door without another word. Leaving his summoner to ponder and wonder more about his demonic 'friend.'

Present...

Tsuna stared dumbfounded at the retreating figure of his summon. His eyes narrowing slightly, while his face twisted in thought.

Tsuna didn't like the idea of just leaving the unknown demon sealed away, he knew Reborn wasn't so bad. In fact, from what he had learned, non of the demons (Sealed) that were 'supposedly' viciously cruel or malicious among other things, were indeed those things. Granted, Tsuna knew he had bias opinions, being the summoner of one and a second party of understanding, who feels for them. He also had never met any of the others, nor had he seen them in their time of free roaming.

Regardless, he felt it was unjust to leave them sealed tightly away for centuries. Forcing them to exert their power to release themselves or rot away with the shrines, yet Reborn didn't share this opinion. It was clear with his actions that had occurred moments ago. He simply didn't care, but Tsuna did.

Especially after knowing that they are mentally aware of what goes on around them. Watching the days come and go, no interactions of any kind. A torturous existence that no one knows about.

Tsuna shivered at his own thoughts, while his face went slack. He gave a exhausted sigh before following Reborn, staring back into the room before giving one more acknowledgement to the other being.

"I'll try and convince him to come back with me..." he paused for a moment, pondering his next words before speaking. "No one should be abandoned and left to rot," he turned to follow Reborn with determination to return in his mind.

He quickly walked to the exit of the shrine with his thoughts lingering in his mind. He noticed the taller male had stopped to wait for him, hands neatly stuffed into his pockets, while his usual emotionless, yet somehow always smug too, face stare in his direction. Tsuna could feel the calculating gaze bore into him, attempting to figure out what Tsuna was thinking.

Reborn couldn't help but wonder what went on in his human companions mind. He knew the younger male was, in a way, like him. More so shared a common view, but unlike himself, Tsuna had compassion to spare, mercy, and a gentle heart that bleed for those who honesty deserved it. Even when done wrong, Tsuna just walked away ( he leaned towards a more passive aggressive approach.) Where as Reborn couldn't care less about another individual regardless if they are a saint, a deviant, or some innocent soul who didn't deserve the card that was handed to them. Unless they could manage to squirm their way into his black heart. Like Tsuna had. He couldn't admit it to himself all at once but he knew his feelings for the other were rapidly increasing and wasn't sure how to handle it. Nor did he understand what the feelings were exactly. He kept coming back to this over and over again. He couldn't comprehend an emotion he had yet to experience. He just knew he didn't want to lose him.

They walked in silence. The only sound was the splashing of water beneath their feet as they wondered the small town. Scanning specific areas known to be populated with demons.

"Are you really going to leave the demon sealed?" Tsuna suddenly asked. Reborn stopped in his tracks and looked at Tsuna who only stopped a few steps ahead of him. After a moment he began to walk forward again.