Death itself

Adeline hadn't planed on going back to Torchwood, but then again she wasn't expecting to get a call from a dead man. She closed the phone teleporting to the hub and looked around before throwing herself at Owen. " I'm so glad you're alright, but how are you back. You didn't run into a different version of me did you?" Adeline asked curiously. " You mean you could of brought me back." Owen growled and Adeline flinched. " Not me as Adeline, but Corrine could of and so could of my fourth regeneration Acacia. Though that's apparently not what you did." Adeline said her gaze falling to Jack for an explanation. " We used the other resurrection glove." He sighed and Adeline shook her head at them. " I can't believe you allowed this Jack. Bringing people back to life isn't something that comes without consequences." Adeline glared. " We checked that and I'm not dying. It's fine Addie." Jack assured her, but she just shook her head again. " Different glove, different types of circumstances. These gloves came from the planet Javenstien the home of the Weevils." Adeline said looking at the glove that was in the lab she had walked into. " So the side effects do you know them?" Jack asked.
" Owen won't be able to feel anything, no heart beat, and he won't heal. He's dead so that much should of been obvious to you. The not so obvious part is that he's stuck between the living and the dead so he will probably be going back and forth between the two." Adeline listed as she set the glove down. " What do you mean?" Tosh asked confused. Before she could respond Owen collapsed into Martha's arms and Adeline ran to his side. " This is what I mean." Adeline growled closing her eyes and placing her hand on his temple. She found herself in the never ending darkness and Owen ran straight into her. " Adeline?" He said confused and she could tell he was wondering if she was actually here. " Owen grab my hand and we'll leave here, please." She ordered her eyes flicked around making sure they were alone even though deep down she knew they weren't. Owen nodded and she pulled them out of the darkness. She opened her eyes to see that Ianto and Gwen had joined their little posse of people.
" Where's Aliyah?" Adeline asked for the first time noticing that her friend wasn't here. " She took the day off. I think you leaving made her not want to be here." Ianto informed. " She'll be back, now where was this Glove found?" Adeline asked. " St. Mary's it's a church. " Gwen replied. " St Mary's has an interesting history that tells of a girl being brought back to life by a preacher, but the 11 people were killed until finally death was stopped by Faith." Adeline told them her mind going back to the one time she had encountered the glove before. " What are you talking about Addie?" Jack asked as confused as everyone else in the room. Adeline was about to explain when the glove came to life and it grasped onto her face. She gave a shriek as the hand seemed to suck away her strength. It was a couple of minutes before they got it off and Adeline felt completely drained. " Are you alright Adeline?" Martha asked as she checked her pulse. " Don't worry about me worry about Owen for God's sake!" Adeline growled getting up, but when Owen turned around his eyes were pitch black. " You're too late my little Faith. Death has risen." Owen cackled before tumbling to the floor.
" Owen!" Tosh cried running over to the Torchwood Doctor's side. " Jack I need to go to the hospital and stop death." Adeline told him heading out to leave, but Jack stopped her. " We are all going." He said firmly. " You don't understand. A long time ago a priest brought a girl back to life and this same thing happened-" Adeline started only to be interrupted by Owen. " And death was killed by Faith, whatever the Hell that means Adeline. Your little history lesson wasn't very enlightening." Owen scoffed. " See that's where you got it wrong Faith isn't a thing it's a name or more specifically the name of my 4th regeneration." She smirked. " That matters because..." Martha trailed off not getting it. " You were the little girl he brought back weren't you. You're Faith." Gwen realized and Adeline gave her a soft smile as her hair turned wavy, streaks of light brown hair mixed with her dark brown hair, her usual attire changed to a long dress the top part a dark green lace design with a black silk bottom, and her flats turned to long black boots as she turned into Faith." Hello Torchwood Team my name is Faith Evangeline Andrews and I am the only person to kill death." Faith said giving them a confident smirk. " You know next time Adeline offers to do a past self history lesson with me I think I'll take it." Jack said wide eyed.
" Well nice to meet you all I've got death to face." Faith said a determined glint in her eyes. She ran off to the nearest Hospital hitting the fire alarm and helping evacuate people. She was so focused on her mission she hadn't noticed the Torchwood Team had followed her.
" So Faith what's the plan?" Jack asked. " Everyone, but Owen focus on evac and Owen your with me." Faith orders. " Why?" Owen asked. " Because both you and me are dead. We don't offer anything for the Reaper. The only thing you need to remember is take my hand, don't fear the reaper." Faith grinned before grabbing Owen's hand and dragging him off. " Why are you saying a song lyric?" Owen asked as soon as she slowed down. " Because the only way you can beat death is not fear him so as long as you remember don't fear the reaper we'll be alright." Faith grinned  putting the building in lockdown. " How exactly are we going to find this reaper?" Owen asked.
" Well I'm a little late and the Reaper only needs one more victim. So I need a way to snag it's attention which it's a lucky thing that I'm Faith not Adeline because the last version of me died in 2005." Faith said giving Owen a crazed smile before her whole body crackled with electricity her sky blue eyes turned electric yellow and a swirl of shadows entered the room. " There's nothing for you here Reaper,only dead people. So face me." Faith snarled lunging at death along with Owen. She could faintly hear the Torchwood Team panic, but she was focused on her mission. Any stray thought could make her lose her focus and return her to Adeline. Luckily her and Owen managed to destroy death sending it back into the darkness.
" Remind me to destroy that glove when we get back Owen." Faith sighed as she changed back to Adeline and passed out.