Goodbye

Adeline twiddled her thumbs as the team messed around in the cryontic storage. They apparently had a woman in there they let out once every year which she  found incredibly strange, but who was she to judge. She heard voices and turned to see a woman with long black hair, purple eyes, and pale skin was talking to Tosh her eyes held confusion in them. Her dress was purple and she wore a black jacket allowing the strapless dress to have sleeves. She had purple heels that matched the dress perfectly. Adeline's heartbeat quickened as she tried to convince herself that this woman only resembled the woman she had been best friends with from a planet known as Kionia, but she had been invited to her palace in the stars.
" Hello my name is Adeline Jackson I'm a field agent here." Adeline grinned pushing aside the pain this woman brought her. " I'm Ali Turner and I don't remember you being here last time?" Ali said confused and Adeline couldn't stop the her eyes from deflating. Her name was Ali Turner, not Aliyah Cambell. She kicked herself for allowing herself to hope. " I joined a year ago, but I probably wasn't around. My life can be a bit complicated." Adeline laughed fakely. " Well then I might as well get to know you, or this Panic I've been hearing about. After all I only have one day before I have to go back under." Ali smiled at her and Adeline sighed knowing that ment her. " Panic isn't great with people Ali, especially newcomers you would be better off with Adeline here." Jack told her and Adeline managed a weak smile. " Well then I know the perfect place." Adeline stated and Ali grinned excitedly waving goodbye before following her out of the hub. " Do you mind me asking how you got those clothes in the 1900's?" Adeline asked her once they left the hub. " Oh well this might sound a little weird but I'm not human. When Torchwood found me trying to blend in with man kind. " Ali smiled sheepishly. " Well then it seems we have more in common then I though. Let me re-interduce myself I'm Adeline Jackson one of the last Primordials alive." Adeline said giving a mock bow knowing whatever she was she wouldn't be able to prove her wrong and she didn't trust her enough to tell her the truth. " Oh what an honor I am a Deliphine." Ali gushed and Adeline winced slightly at yet another similarity between Ali and Aliyah. " So why come to earth?" Adeline asked. She was about to respond when her phone rang.
" Addie we need Ali over here the hospital activity is happening and Jack says it's her time to go back." Panic's voice came from the phone.
" Hey Ali can you teleport?" Adeline asked her. " Yeah." Ali confirmed confused. " First of all don't call me Addie, and Second we'll be there." Adeline told her before hanging up. Ali took her hand and they were teleported to the hopital. " Good your both here. Ali meet Panic Summers, Panic meet Ali Turner." Jack said and Adeline could hear Panic's intake of breath. " Nice to meet you." Ali smiled happily. " Yeah we need to send you back to the past to use the rift key." Jack told her and Adeline frowned having wanted to talk to Ali more.
" Captain I hate to say this, but I don't think I will be able to act properly when I go back to the 1900's. I had been through a lot at that point and I was in a state of shock." Ali admitted.
" I can guide you by setting up a telepathic link if you would be willing." Adeline offered. " Alright, but please don't share what you learn with anyone my past is something I would rather not share." Ali sighed.
" Same goes for you." Adeline smirked. Ali closed her eyes and Adeline placed her hand on Ali's temple. She imagined creating a bond between their minds, but was surprised to see they some how already had one. " Ali this may sound weird, but I need to ask you this." Adeline sighed her voice full of sadness. " Sure knock yourself out." Ali shrugged. " Your name dosn't happen to actually be Aliyah Cambell does it." Adeline asked her voice cracking at the name. " Adeline she's dead and you know that." Panic said softly. " No Panic she's right that's my name. Now who are you that you already know me?" Aliyah asked confused and Adeline's face broke into a grin. " You really haven't guessed yet? Aliyah come on! It may have been 125 human years since we last saw each other, but we were really close." Adeline teased. " Wait hold on did you know her when you were Corrine." Jack put together and Aliyah gasped at the name. " You survived, but I thought your father murdered everyone." Aliyah gaped.
" Surprise now I'll see you soon?" Adeline questioned. Aliyah gave her a firm nod before going back to 1911.
" Who is Aliyah Cambell?" Gwen asked. " She was a good friend of our very first version." Panic answered as
Adeline used her connection to talk to Aliyah. "Hey Aliyah ya miss me?!" Adeline smirked her voice talked in Aliyah's head. " Corrine, but you're dead? Just like everyone else I care about." Aliyah sobbed back. " It takes more than a fight with daddy dearest to kill me you know that Aliyah. Besides you know the rule he would be dead if he killed me. Though I'm a copy of Corrine, my names Adeline Jackson." Adeline told her. " It really is you, though I'm guessing you aren't here to talk are you?" Aliyah asked with a knowing voice. " You know me too well Aliyah. There's this rift key I need you to activate." Adeline spoke softly in her head. " I can do that but afterwards I do want to try and find you can you give me a hint?" Aliyah asked and Adeline could picture her playful smirk. " I'll be in Wales from there you're on your own." Adeline told her before leaving her mind.
"Did she activate it?" Tosh asked her noticing that she had opened her eyes. " Yeah and she'll no doubt be trying to find me now." Adeline laughed. " Well that's good maybe she can take my place." Panic offered and Adeline looked over at her in shock.
" Your quiting Panic?" Owen asked as shocked as she was. " I appreciate everything you did for me and for allowing me to have a family for once, but I need some time alone. " Panic said softly and her mind went back to the year that never happened. " Panic you don't have to go through everything alone you know that right." Jack told her and she could see the surprise on Panic's face at his comment. " I just need some time to myself. Torchwood is a little too busy for me and I can't after what happened last year." Panic said her voice cracking slightly and her eyes pleaded at Adeline to understand. " What happened last year turned the sassiest person alive into a sad quiet person?" Gwen asked and all three of them stiffened at the question. " Leave them be Gwen, obviously whatever happened needs time before they talk about it." Ianto's voice came from the coms. " Thanks Ianto." Panic whispered gratefully though her eyes were watering slightly. " I understand Panic, but please promise me you'll be back. I will need your help with all of this eventually." Adeline stated honestly.
" Oh I'll be back alright, you all are as reckless as The Doctor. As for the other thing you could always talk with Jack." Panic said with a wink. She sauntered out, but not before saying "Or Ianto." In Adeline's head.
" Well then I guess we should be preparing for Aliyah while she's gone any suggestions?" Owen asked.
" She's a psyhic so I recommend all of you learning how to protect your minds from me before she comes." Adeline smirked as they all gave each other panicked looks. Then she followed Panic's lead of sauntering out of the hospital.