Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"

I sat down in last period beside Luke and Eli like usual. Ms. Lonio came in late as usual and she sat at her desk.

"Today class, we will be watching a documentary," Ms. Lonio clicks play and the Star Spangled Banner came on. The title of the documentary appears on the screen.

Serving Our Country: The Military

My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat. The documentary starts playing and talking about men and women who had lost their lives. 

A single tear drips down my face as they started showing footage of things getting blown up. I stood abruptly causing my chair to screech back. I wipe the tear from my face. 

"Aubrey?" Luke asked sitting up looking alert from his previous position where his head was rested on his arms.

That caught the attention of Eli and he looked very alarmed as well, nearly choking on the Gushers he was eating. 

 I grabbed my phone off the desk and made a run for it. I got to the classroom door and that's when I first heard footsteps coming behind me. I opened the door and darted out. I made it maybe two classrooms away before a hand grabbed mine and turned me around.

Luke stood there confusion all over his face. 

I bet I looked like a complete mess with my tear covered cheeks. I looked down so he couldn't see my face.

"Hey hey hey," he said and he took my chin and tilted my head back up. He looks into my eyes for a few seconds with an unexplainable look of his own before pulling my head into his chest. 

I cry softly into his chest for a few minutes until I realize what I've gotten myself into. I mean come on, I've known this guy for a week, he probably thinks I'm some crazy girl. 

"Sorry," I said trying to wipe the tear stains off his shirt. 

He has some pretty good chest muscles.

"It's okay," he takes my hand off his chest but doesn't let go of it "are you okay?" he asks sincerely.

I'm actually really surprised he followed me out. He usually just has an 'I don't care' aura about him but now he's got a new emotion to add to the small list I've seen.

"Yes thank you," I blush and look down since he was still holding my hand. 

"Let's go," he says pulling me in the opposite direction of the classroom.

"W-where are we going?" 

"You don't wanna go back in there right?" He asks. I shake my head and he continues to pull me.

We end up under a big oak tree on the school campus. 

 "Tell me about you," His deep voice startles me. I didn't think he would talk. I also didn't think he would ask me to talk...about myself.

"Oh well, there isn't much to know about me, I'm kinda plain," I laughed a little at the end.

"I don't think you're plain," I feel his gaze on the side of my face. I blush and look down. 

Soon after a long conversation got started about our favorite things ranging from shows to colors and animals. He wouldn't give totally detailed answers and most of them were one worded but he did make me feel better.

During the time we were talking I learned a few things about Luke. First, he can be cocky at times, well when he does talk. Also, he seemed to be more involved in our conversation than what I had seen of him in other conversations. I think it was just because he was talking about things he loves though.