Part 23 "I'll call child protective services"

"Luke, wake up," I rub my hand up and down his back and I feel him wake. I stand up off the bed and stand in front of it.

His eyes open and they find me.

"We're gonna be late for school," I smile down at him as he tiredly pulls the covers over his head.

I've been up for thirty minutes. I've already gone and got my clothes out my car, I've brushed my teeth with the emergency essential kit in my car, I've done my hair, and put on some mascara which is also in that kit.

I don't know how I woke up this early, but I did.

I walk over to Luke's side of the bed and I bend down.

"Don't make me get Leo," I whisper. The covers fly off Luke's head and he sits up.

"That's an evil thing to say," he rubs the sleep out of his eyes and I think he looks totally adorable.

He stands up and pats my butt as he walks towards the bathroom.

A blush appears on my face and I turn on his tv for a distraction. Of course, his last channel he was on was ESPN. I pick up the remote and scan through the channels. I find Ridiculousness on MTV.

After about ten minutes, the bathroom door opens and Luke steps out with only a towel around his waist.

I squeal and throw the comforter over my head.

I was not prepared for that!

"Sorry," he chuckles, "I didn't have any clothes in there."

I hear the sliding of his dresser drawers and in about a minute he says it's all clear.

I wish I could pick my outfits that quick.

I remove the blanket from my head and look up at Luke.

"You're so cute," he bear hugs me and we both fall back onto the bed. He cuddles into me and sighs.

He smells amazing right now, holy shmoly.

"We're gonna be late," I remind him while massaging his scalp. I know he loves it when I do that.

"Right," he says but he doesn't move.

"Luke!" I laugh.

"You wanna go to homecoming with me?"

I stop rubbing his head and I look down at his head which is lying on my shoulder. He looks at me and I think I see a little bit of nervousness in his gaze.

"I know I didn't make it a big thing, about asking you-"

"It's okay," I smile, "and I would love to go with you."

"Really?" He asks unsure and I have to keep myself from rolling my eyes.

"Of course," I blush.

"Good," he smiles and I have to stop myself from swooning.

"Let's go!" I jump up to keep him from seeing my blush.

I don't even have my dress!

___________________

"Why're you so quiet?" Luke asks as we sit in line a Mcdonalds.

Because I'm thinking about what kind of dress I'm going to get.

"I'm tired. It was a long night," I smile sadly. He grabs my hand from across the console and he intertwines our fingers, bringing them up to his lips.

"I know sweetheart," he kisses the back of my hand and I have to keep myself from squealing.

He keeps our hands intertwined the whole time he's ordering, and on the way to school.