Sequel Chapter 13 "I promise to always feed you"

*AUBREY'S POV*

"I can't do this."

"What?"

I can't breathe. 

"'Can't do this', my ass," Izzy pulls my hair tighter as she finishes it up. 

"I'm scared. What if he's not there? What if he changed his mind?" I make up terrible scenarios in my head. 

Lorraine bends down in front of me, her dark, pale pink bridesmaid dress flowing as she does. 

"Puhlease, you have nothing to worry about! Luke loves you very much," she says encouragingly, her bright attitude shining.

"Exactly!" Olivia claps.

"Plus, if Luke even thinks about doing something like that, May and I won't hesitate to get grandma quicker than you can imagine," Whitney smiles and May nods happily. 

"You're done," Izzy pulls her hands away from my hair and she turns me toward the large mirror. 

My hair sits in a low, fancy updo with curls framing my face. 

"Ya'll did amazing!" I stand, picking up my long robe as I do. I open my arms for them and we have a little group hug. 

"I'm so thankful for each of you. Every one of you means so much to me," My eyes grow watery as they all look back at me happily.

"Forty-five minutes 'till go time!" Sam shouts outside the door and my heart drops. 

"C-Can I have just a minute alone?" I ask them and they all give me a sad smile. 

"We'll send Oliver in here in a few minutes before doing your makeup," Lorraine smiles and they all leave except for Izzy. 

"I'm sorry he can't be here," she gives me a strong hug and I begin to cry, "I'm so, so sorry, Aubrey."

The two and a half years ago it was that dad died, I was completely and utterly crushed. That feeling had gone away but right now, it's making a small appearance. 

I am happy, I'm very happy. I just need a moment.

Izzy pulls away and leaves, leaving me all alone in the room. I try keeping myself together but eventually, quiet sobs rack my body. 

I take a seat on my chair, too weak to stand and I fold my hands and look up to the ceiling.

"Daddy, I miss you," I whisper, "I wish you were here. I want you to be here."

He always talked about the day he would get to walk me down the aisle. 

He told me how hard it would be for him to let me go at the end of it. He doesn't know how hard it was for me to let him go. 

 I close my eyes and just let the memories of him run through my head. His never-ending smile, his bright green, mischevious eyes, his playful attitude, his fatherly looks he would give me whenever I would say something I don't like about myself, and his embrace. 

There's no other embrace like my father's. 

The sound of the door opening catches my attention and I wipe the tears from my face. 

"Ree," Granddaddy stops beside me in his fancy military suit, "don't cry, sweet girl."

He pulls me up from my chair and embraces me in a hug the most similar to dads. 

"I wish he was here, granddaddy," I whimper as he holds me tightly. He pulls away and holds me at arm's length as he looks down at me. 

"He's here Ree. He wouldn't miss this for the world, I can feel him here," he gives me a sad smile. I know how hard it is for him to talk about dad.