Part 19 "Why is my pillow hugging me?"

"I wanna dance with somebody! I wanna feel the heat with somebody" Eli nudges my shoulder with his and I giggle.

He's crazy.

He has been trying to convince me to be his partner for a project Ms. Lonio just introduced. The reason he is trying too convince me is because Luke also asked. They both asked me at the same time.

Luke has been touchy with me all day. Putting his hand on my lower back when we're walking somewhere, brushing his hand over mine occasionally, and when I look up at him he's always looking like nothing ever happened.

Speaking of that, I feel Luke's hand come around and rest on the back of my chair. A second later, his hand is brushing up and down my arm.

"You can't do that! That's cheating!" Eli shouts, smacking Luke's hand away.

"Shut your mouth Eli."

Eli narrows his eyes, huffs, then mumbles something along the lines of "seducing is not allowed."

"Please! Please just be my partner!" Eli begs.

"No!" Luke argues pulling me closer to him.

"Yes!"

"No."

"Ye-"

"I'm gonna work by myself," a smile threatens my lips when the guys stop the argument immediately.

"What!" They say simultaneously.

"You guys can just work together," I smile.

"No we can't! He's mean!" Eli points to Luke.

"Yeah? Well you're an idiot!" Luke retorts.

"See!" Eli throws his hands in the air.

"Sorry, but good luck though!" I smile as the bell rings.

They start leaving to go to practice but before they're out of sight, Luke turns and gives me one more pleading look.

I smile at his handsome face, shake my head before walking, and meet up with the two girls.

_________________________

Once I get home I start working on my project. At about 6, I hear the doorbell go off.

..People elect officeholders.

*Ding dong*

I finish my sentence and place my pen on my project board and hop off my bed.

*Ding dong*

*Ding dong*

Good gosh, somebody's impatient.

I open my door and see three things.

Luke's tinged, angry face,  Eli's smiling face, and Leo's cute puppy face. 

I open the door wider for the guys to come in and they do just that.

"What happened?" I look between both of their annoyed faces.

Eli's face turns melancholy and Luke looks disbelievingly at him.

"He is being extra mean to me today boo-boo," Eli sighs sadly.

Oh, poor thing.

Eli comes forward and buries me in a hug, sighing sadly once again.

"Bullshit!" Luke tugs the back of Eli's backpack, making him release me.

"You said Au- something, that I didn't like!" Luke catches himself with a slight blush now on his face.

"Mhm, and what did I say to make you so mad?" Eli questions with a smirk on his lips.