Part 26 "Can we get a new waiter? This one sucks"

I wake up with Luke's heavy arm over my waist. After prying his arm from around me, I put on my sweatshirt, walk to his bathroom, and brush my teeth. I walk out the bathroom and towards Luke's door, to go and start breakfast.

A huge hand swipes me from the floor and pulls me back onto the bed.

"Luke," I groan as he snuggles his face into my neck, "Aren't you hungry?"

"Mhm."

"Let me go fix breakfast then," I try getting up. I escape his hold and he rolls out of bed. He stands in front of me, towering over my height. I get on his bed and stand up. Even though I'm still shorter than him, I'm closer than I was before.

We gaze at each other, sizing one another up. Then to my victory, Luke blinks.

"Ha! You blinked, I won," I jump down and leave his room.

I get downstairs excitedly, with Leo trailing right behind me. I walk into the beautiful kitchen and I immediately get to work.

As I'm looking through the cabinets, gathering my ingredients, I can't help but be surprised at how much food they had.

____________________________

I take the biscuits out the oven, and place them the large plate, beside the plate of fried eggs, sausage, and the bowl of chocolate gravy.

I love chocolate gravy. That was pretty much the only thing dad knew how to make and he taught me his grandma's recipe.

I know Luke has entered the room when Leo gets up from beside me and starts lowly growling. I bend down, with the plate of biscuits in my hand, and pat his head.

"Is that chocolate gravy?" Luke gasps, walking up to the bowl of chocolaty goodness.

"Mhm," I mumble, bringing the dishes over to the table. James strolls into the kitchen, his nose in the air, sniffing. His eyes take in the food and he looks surprised.

"You can cook too?!" He whisper-shouts.

"Dad, look," Luke holds up the bowl of chocolate gravy and smiles. James rushes up to his son and they both stick their finger into the bowl.

After they're done praising my 'amazingly good' gravy, we all sit down to eat.

"Wow this is good," James shakes his head, eating probably his fourth chocolate covered biscuit.

"Thank you!" I smile.

I really love cooking for people other than myself. I love seeing their good reactions. Back in North Carolina, the only person I would cook for was myself. Nobody else really got the chance to eat my food.

James looks up at the huge clock on the wall and his eyes enlarge slightly.

"I'm about to be late for work! Thank you for the breakfast Aubrey, it was great," James rushes, speeding out the house.

I look up at the clock too and see it's 11:33 am. Izzy and Olivia said they want to start getting ready by 1, which is a little early.

I get up, taking the empty dishes and start washing them.

"No, no, no," Luke grabs the washrag out my hand.

"You cooked, you're not gonna clean too," he says as he starts to wash them himself. I take the drying rag off the handle of the oven and I start drying the dishes and putting them away.

"You're such a persistent little thing," he shakes his head, a smile on his lips.

After he finishes with the dishes, he leans on the counter and watches me as I dry them.