Part 28 "How could he do such a thing?"

"Luke?" Eli asks again, poking the fire with a long stick. Luke continues to twirl one of my curls, not paying attention to Eli. I softly nudge his side with my elbow and he rolls his eyes before turning his gaze to Eli.

While Luke talks to Eli, I scoot closer to the girls.

"Look who decided to join us," Izzy giggles with a big smirk on her face.

"Yes, and we need to take advantage of the time we get to spend with you knowing Luke won't let you go for ten minutes," Olivia adds and my face turns crimson. What they're saying is kind of true. Ever since we made up, he hasn't stopped holding onto me. It's like he thinks I'm going to fly away or something.

"Stop," I groan, fanning my still flaming cheeks. They giggle like hyena's and point at my reddened face.

"Okay, we're done," Izzy smiles.

"You guys are perfect for each other," Olivia smirks, nudging my shoulder teasingly. I look over my shoulder at Luke who is barely listening to Eli. Luke must've felt my gaze on his because he looks over at me. His bottom lip rolls into his mouth and gives me a one of a kind smirk before turning back to Eli.

I suddenly feel very hot, is that normal?

"You should jump him," Izzy claps as quietly as she can and my eyes widen at what just came out of her mouth. 

"Jump him?" I whisper-shout and she laughs.

"Jump his bones. Ride him, cowgirl," she nudges my shoulder with her arm and my heart almost gives out, unable to take what she had just uttered. 

"To not make Aubrey's cheeks blow completely up," Olivia smiles and I'm thankful she has my back, "I'll tell you that stuff happened between Ryan and me."

We look at her and motion for to continue. 

"During homecoming, I was just sitting there by myself when he came up to me and asked if I wanted to dance. I almost crapped my pants when he asked but I got up anyway. We danced and we kissed!"

I bounce in my seat excitedly. I knew they had something special.

"Are you two dating now?" I ball my fists and shake them excitedly, a weird habit I've always had when excited.

"No. I think we're just taking it slow. He better ask me out soon though, I'm getting impatient." She crosses her arms, "I've waited years to even talk to him."

"And what about you," I turn my attention towards Izzy.

"Oh well, Anthony asked me to be his girlfriend when he drove me home after homecoming," Izzy gushes. I smile happily hug the both of them. 

I'm so happy that they're happy.

 I rub my eyes with the back of my hands tiredly. A second later, strong hands grasp my waist and lift me onto a lap.

"You're tired?" He questions, turning me around so I'm facing him. I open up a small space in between my thumb and my pointer finger.

"Only a teeny bit," I look up at him.

"Me too girl-friend," Eli pops up beside us. Luke gives Eli his famous glare and I giggle.

"It's almost twelve, I'm going to sleep," Izzy stands up. Mostly everyone else stands up and Luke sits me down carefully on the ground.

I look around, squinting my eyes. Yep, still can't see anything in the dark. I reach over and grab Luke's hand.

"Wrong person," Eli laughs and I blush darkly.