Part 35 "Suck it up buttercup"

"What the fuck are you doing you, stupid bitch?" Luke says angrily as we sit in the stands of the football game going on right now.

Currently, he's cussing out the second-string quarterback...Who is on the field meaning that he can't hear him.

"He's trying his best," I try and explain.

"The fuckin' waterboy could throw better than him," is what he replies with.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have gotten suspended," I keep my eyes focused on the game, knowing what I had just said would definitely get a reaction out of him.

He pinches my waist where is arm is wrapped and I squeal.

We both start paying attention again when the center snaps the ball in the hands of the second-string quarterback.

He takes a couple of steps back, looking for anyone who is open. He throws the ball to an open Eli but the throw comes up at least ten yards short.

The frustration is clearly shown by the body language of all of the regular first-string players and especially by Eli.

"How is he even second-string?" Luke mutters more to himself. I lie my head on his shoulder with a sigh, he kisses the top of my head and pulls me closer to him.

He's very antsy. Constantly moving around, whether he's tapping his foot, fiddling with his hands, or bouncing his leg, he's moving.

I play my hand on his thigh, trying to stop his leg from shaking. In case he hasn't figured it out yet, I'm trying to take a nap on his shoulder.

"That's a great way to distract me," he puts his hand on top of mine, and he brings his lips to mine.

Even though we're winning, 17-6 at halftime, it is not nearly as much as it usually is. Luke has pointed that out multiple times.

"Babe, I think you're overreacting with this just a little. Ya'll are still winning," I comfort. He looks over at me and he kisses the corner of my mouth.

"I know. I just want to be out there so bad," he looks at the field longingly. A sympathetic feeling comes over me and I understand more now. He just wants to play.

Five minutes into halftime, Eli comes running up to our seats.

"This is the worst game I have almost ever played in my entire life. Luke I swear, if you ever get suspended again, I will kill you," he points at Luke.

"We're winning by ten points! We haven't had a score that close since Nationals last year!" Eli exclaims.

"What's coach thinking?" Luke questions.

"Coach is about to have a seizure. I kid you not, he's freaking out. Our team is fucking confused, the other team is confused as to why they're only losing by ten, it is honestly a shit-show," Eli explains.

"Well, why isn't he putting third-string in?" Luke asks Eli.

"Because there is no motherfucking third-string!" Eli throws his hands into the air, "You play every game! I didn't even know we had a second-string until two days ago!"

"Alright, let's go," Luke grabs my hand as he stands up.

Wait, where are we going?"

"Where are you going?" Eli questions.

"I'm going to find the people that I need to talk to so that we don't lose this damn game," Luke begins walking and Eli follows us.

We walk down to the field house and into the doors. I don't quite understand why Luke needs to take me with him but, that's okay.