1. Already Caught Feelings

" Janee', wake yo lazy ass up!"

"Imani, yell ONE MO' TIME. I'm gonna start swinging!"

"OK. OK. Just get out the bed."

I love my sister Imani , but I swear if she keep up this "screaming to wake you up" shit, its gon be some MAJOR problems.

Slowly I got out of bed, slid on my black Nike slides and drug my body into the bathroom. I took a peek into the mirror before I pissed and realized how much I look like shit. My hazel colored hair was nappy, and my red basketball shorts were twisted every which way. My gray Just Do It shirt was wrinkled to the point where I could barely make out the words. Still look better than most mornings though!

Anyway, today was the first day of 11th grade at LA High. I hate the first days of school on everything I believe in. But after the first day, it get dope as fuck!

Waist deep in thought, I realized I didn't know what I was going to wear. I'm a tomboy, so I don't fuck with skirts or dresses. Just give me a baggy sweatshirt , sweatpants and/or jeans and tennis shoes , and I'm good. I ran to my closet and for baggy white sweatpants, a blue hoodie twice my size and my gray AJ 12s.

I decided to skip breakfast and brush my teeth because my dad was getting on my nerves real fast, so I was ready the get the fuck out of there.

{ Flasback }

" Janee', may I see what your wearing?" he said.

Since when the fuck did he need to see what I was wearing? Really nigga? It's not like I wear that skimpy, boujee shit these other niggas be wearing.
"
" Why you need to see what I'm wearing ?" I yelled from my room.

" I won't asked you again, young lady!"

" Young lady my ass," I mumbled.

I walked hesitantly into the kitchen, awaiting the opinion of my dad.

" I'm here. Now, look at my outfit so I can go."

" Oh ok. That's fine."

WHAT THE FUCK? YOU CALLED ME ALL THE WAY IN HERE JUST TO SAY " Ok ok. That's fine."? Nigga, you just came back into my life, and now you wanna act like you high and mighty. I shook those thoughts out of my head, and I ran up to my room without hesitation to get my things.

Once I got my bag and phone, I headed to my car. I had to go pick up my best friend, Lexi , but I call her HYPE. She lives three houses down and has a car , but she too lazy to drive to school herself talking 'bout "it's not the same without you." WITHOUT YOU MY ASS! I swore to her by the end of next week she gon' give me back all my gas money she owe for these millions of rides I have given her.

{ 15 seconds later }

Me : im here

HYPE : k

Lexi came out looking like a model. Her kinky hair hung well past her shoulders. She wore a gray long sleeved Mickey Mouse crop top and red ripped skinny jeans with white low top converse.

" I see a lil nigga tryna be cute! Yass girl!"

"Shut the fuck up!" she said with a smile.

{ In the car }

" Guuh! I am not ready to go back to this shit of a school," Lexi exclaimed.

" Well, sweetie, I'm sorry , but you got to go."

" These boys better be as fine as they was last year."

" I doubt it." I love Lexi. She like a second sister to me, but her fetish with dudes is crazy. I never understood it and still don't. I was never the one who checked out every dude I see. No offense to Lexi.