21. Good Times

( Jay POV )

" Momma!" I yelled from downstairs.

" I'm up here baby!" She yelled back. I ran upstairs and saw her laying in the bed watching TV.

" What you need ma?"

" I need you to go to the store for me," she said sitting up.

" What you need?"

" The usual," she replied with a smirk. I love my momma, but she need to lay off the junk food. But I understand that she don't be feeling like cooking ever since she broke her leg.

" Momma you don't need to be eating junk all the time. Yo system gon' get fu- I mean messed up."

" Well who gon' do the cooking 'round her then?" she asked crossing her arms and smiling.

" Me," I said sticking my chest out and turning around to walk out the door.

I hopped in my truck and plugged my aux. I skimmed through my playlist and chose a song. Bounce Out With That played instantly.

" Lately been on that fuck a nigga shit. Take a nigga bitch and then I pass her to the clique I say, see me, I got no time for no bitch, I just get 'em for the br-"

I was cut off by my phone ringing.

" DAAAAAMN!" I shouted. Hate it when I get cut off like that. I answered the phone and sighed.

" WHAAAT?"

" 'Scuse me? Who you talking to?"

" Oh. My bad baby. I didn't know that was you. I ain't look at the caller I.D.," I said laughing nervously. She gon' whoop my ass when she see me.

" Mhm hmmm. What you doing?"

" Heading to the store to get some stuff for my mom."

" Awwww baby boy helping his mommy! That's so shweeeeet!" she gushed. I put my head on my hand and smiled. She so childish. 

" You so childish bruh."

" I knooooow," she drug out.

" And while you cracking on folks, I'm cooking for her," I boasted.

" HA! What you, Mr. Collins, finna burn. Oh, I mean cook."
" I ain't finna burn shit. And I don't know. I ain't never did this before," I said shrugging my shoulders.

" Boy, you ain't finna cook nothing. Get you and ya mommy some dollar microwave meals and keep moving." I laughed at how right she was. I ain't finna cook shit. Not today anyway.

" You right. You right," I said rubbing my face as I pulled into Walmart.

" I know I'm right." I knew for a fact that nigga was on the other end dancing or some cocky shit.

" What you doing?"

" Still at Lexi house busting the ex ass," she said. The fuck? Why she wanna talk to the ex?

" Why you fucking with the ex?" I asked with my eyebrow raised as I pulled parking in a spot in front of the door.

" Cause he was disrespecting Lexi and I had to go off on a nigga," she said making me laugh.

" What he said?" I asked putting in my earbuds, waiting for her response while walking into Walmart. I went straight to the refrigerator section and grabbed like a million dollar frozen dinners and some ice cream.

" He was just talking to her any kind of way. Lexi was tryna explain to him the mistakes he made and he was like "this don't even concern you so why you care?" and bullshit like that. So I had jump in that bitch like a pool before somebody got popped." I know I'm not the only one who laughed at that. This bitch is so fucking crazy!!