20. Let Me Explain

Jay^^

I drove back home to finish up packing. I ran inside the house with my two McGriddles and Sprite. I layed my food and drink on the counter and jogged upstairs.

I was in front of my door when I heard shuffling across the hall. I tiptoed to the door and opened it slightly with my fist clenched.  I swung the door open realizing the noise was Imani packing.

" Girl you had me thinking somebody was in here," I said with my hand over my chest.

She jumped and bent over with her hands on her knees.

" Damn, Nee'. You scared me," she said smiling.

" My bad. I didn't see yo car in the driveway," I said examining her room. It was completely empty with four suitcases at the end of her bed.

" Damien dropped me off."

" Oh. You ain't waste no time packing up," I said.

" Nope. Just wanted to get the shit over with," she said shrugging her shoulders. 

" My room still look a hot mess," I said while walking back to my room.

" Malak stopped by," she said causing me to stop in my tracks.

" I don't care," I said standing face to face with my room's door.

" Why not? Ain't that yo nigga?" she asked.

" No. Not no more," I said walking back to her room.

" What happened?" she asked frowning.

" He cheated."

" With who?"

" An ex," I said on the verge lashing out.

" Daaamn," she said whisper-shouting.

" Yeah, I know. But it's all good. I met somebody else, but before you say something, we don't go out."

" AWWW WHO IS IT?!" she asked squealing.

" He's a senior, and his name is Jay." Her mouth fell open and she started smiling.

" Is his last name Collins?"

" I don't know, I guess," I said shrugging my shoulders.

" Ask him," she said smiling.

" Fine," I said pulling out my phone and FaceTimed Jay.

( On FaceTime )

" Hey bae," he said smiling into the camera shirtless. I had to tell myself not to think about what his abs look like.

" Bitch, I'm not yo bae," I said smiling and rolling my eyes.
" Yet," he said licking his lips. I just face-palmed my head and smiled.

" I didn't call you to play. I called to ask a question."

" Aight. What's the question?"

" What's your last name?"

" What's my last name?" he asked with a confused face.

" Can you hear? Yeah, what's your last name?"

" How do I know you not tryna stalk me or something?" he asked with THAT GOOFY ASS SMILE on his face.

" Nigga, answer the fucking question!" I demanded wanting to choke him.

" Collins. Why you asking?"

" Because my sister wanted to know," I said flipping the camera to Imani.

" HEY BEST FRIEEENDDDD!" She yelled.