23. Adding On

Next Day - Janee'

Beep. Beep. Beep. Be-

" UGGGGHHH OKAAAAAY!" I yelled turning off my alarm clock.

" JANEE' SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Lexi yelled from her room.

" LEXI AUBRIE WILLIAMS! HUSH YO' MOUTH BEFORE I WHOOP YO' ASS! YOU AIN'T GROWN!" Her mom yelled from her room.

Mrs. Williams funny as hell, but it's too early for all this damn hollering. But today was the day I was going to make an appointment to see my mom. I haven't seen her since I was 15. She wouldn't even be in jail if it wasn't for that dead ass dad of mine.

I snapped out of my thoughts and jumped out of bed. I layed out my outfit which was a short-sleeved bergundy crop top saying " I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON", washed out shorts, and low-top bergundy Vans.

I took my shower, brushed my teeth, and did my routine hygiene. Once I finished all of that, I lotioned up and and went downstairs to iron my clothes.

When I finished ironing my clothes I threw them on and looked in the mirror. Shit, I was feeling CURRRRTTTE!! I kissed myself through the mirror and walked into Lexi's room.

" Lexi I'm gone."

" Where you going?" she asked still wrapped in her covers.

" Make an appointment to see my mom."

" I wanna come," she said throwing her covers to the side and hoping out of bed.

" Why?"

" She my momma too," she said in a "duh" tone. I shook my head and laughed.

" You got thirty minutes," I said walking out and going downstairs. When I sat on the couch, I decided to FaceTime Malak.

On FaceTime

" Hey bae," he said. His voice so raspy, and that shit was turning me on. It was pitch-black dark though.

" Wassup? And turn the light on. I wanna see you."

" Uggghhh," he groaned. I heard a bunch of shuffling and the light finally turned on exposing his face. Nigga still look fine even when he just wake up.

" That's better," I said as he flopped back in the bed.

" What you doing?" he asked. I bit my lip at his voice.

" Waiting on Lexi. We finna make an appointment to see my mom.

" Oh. I wanna meet her," he said between yawns.

" Stop all that damn yawning. You fogging up my fucking screen," I said rubbing my camera playfully.

" You play too much." He rubbed his face and closed his eyes.

" You might as well open yo' eyes 'cause I ain't leaving til' Lexi get done."

" Well she need to hurry up so I can go to sleep."

" Don't think I won't h-"

" DON'T HANG UP!"

" Mhm hmm."

" I'm so fucking tired right now. I need somebody to keep me up tho."

" Why?"

" Listening out for my baby brother. He come home at all times of the night. Probably in some gang shit. I don't know, but the least I can do is listen out for the door."

" Aww that's so sweet."

" I'm worried 'bout him Nee'. I rarely see him, and when I do, he out the door again."