10. The Feeling of Rejection

" Aight, now tell me what's up." He sat on my bed with one leg hanging off the side.

" Ok? So when I came out the bathroom, I ran into my...an old friend." I'm a bad ass liar. I wanted to bang my head against a fucking wall!

" OK? What's the big de-- he was an ex?" Damn. I'm happy as fuck that I didn't have to say that.

" Yeah, and let me tell you, I tried to run away to you, but he grabbed me and pulled me into a...kiss. Like a long, passionate one." I stared at my hands trying not to make eye contact with Malak.

" Did you kiss him back?" He adjusted his body on the bed as if it suddenly turned to brick.

" Well...no...not the first time. I tried to get away, but he was grabbing my ass super hard. I did manage to get him off me, for a little while, but he kissed me again. And I gave in , and I put my hand under his shirt. Then he took me into the bathroom, and he--"

"Stop. Just stop. What you gone tell me next? Y'all fucked or som'?" He got off my bed and stood next to my dresser.

" No, but he s--"

"I know. He was sucking on yo' neck." He rolled his eyes.

" How you know?" I tilted my head to the right a little and folded my arms.

" Look at the friend under yo' ear." And with that he walked out, downstairs , through the kitchen, and to his car.

" MALAK!" I hurried down the stairs, sprinted through the kitchen, and through the door.

" Malak wait." I pulled the door handle, but Malak locked it. Wow. Real petty.

" Just let me explain." Damn. I ain't never sounded so desperate.

" What you gon' explain? How you cheat? How you took me for a fool? Well, keep all the shit in yo' mouth 'cause it's my turn to speak." He turned his engine off and exited the car. He walked over to me with anger eating at his eyes.

" You know, I thought you was the one. I thought after two cheating girlfriends, I had FINALLY found somebody who I trusted. Who actually was committed to me. But, damn, was I wrong."

" But--"

" I don't wanna hear how you tried to pull away or whether you love him or not. Just...get the fuck out my face." I have never been so hurt in my fucking life. I couldn't even look at him. I ran in the house not bothering to look back. I didn't hear his engine start for another ten seconds or so, but I slammed the door and ran to my room and flopped on my bed. I cried to the wall for a good twenty minutes before texting Lexi.

Me : lex?

TRE BABY MOMMA: yeah?

Me: malak just broke up with me

TRE BABY MOMMA : WHAT THE FUCK? was it that " not u it's me " type shit

Me: no

TRE BABY MOMMA : what u did?

Me: kissed somebody else

TRE BABY MOMMA : who?

Me: Keon...

TRE BABY MOMMA : Nee'? no!!!