2

It was silent. None of us spoke a word. Only the sounds of utensils coming in contact with the plates was heard.

"So," I cut off the almost tangible silence.

"Do I wake up everyday asking you who you are?" I asked.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Yes, actually. But sometimes you read the journal first so when you see me, you already guess who I am."

I nodded and bit my lip. "I... I can't remember anything after the accident, right?"

She shook her head.

"And is there any treatment?" I asked.

She gulped. "No, there isn't."

"And you're okay with it?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's a burden, isn't it? Waking up every morning having your boyfriend ask you who you are, probably asking the same questions I'm asking right now."

"It's tiring, but I don't mind. Let's just say I love you that much," She said in a weak voice.

"But... we met after the accident. Which means, for a long time, I thought it was our first meeting."

She nodded. "Something like that, yeahㅡ"

"So did I even love you?"

She chuckled. "I don't know. But almost everyday you told me that you liked me a lot. And one day you actually asked me to be your girlfriend. I've been living here ever since. I turned your guest room into my room."

"What about my parents? Do they know?"

"Yes," She said. "They know. They come visit sometimes."

"Its a very long way from Daegㅡ"

"They moved out from Daegu," She cut me off. "They live in Seoul now. And by the way, your brother's wife gave birth to a girl."

I froze again. My mood changed drastically, knowing that there were a million memories I had to remember, but never did. The last thing I rememberd was that my brother's wife was pregnant.

"Hey, it's okay," She said, putting her hand on mine. "We're going today to meet them. They invited us over for lunch. Their daughter is sooo cute. She's only three and her name is Eun. She loves you a lot."

Su got up and started placing the dishes in the sink to wash them.

"What about Holly?" I asked.

"He's in his bed in the living room." Su replied.

I let out a sigh of relief. I headed to the living room and found Holly on his cushioned bed, biting on a toy.

He jumped on me once he saw me and I smiled, pulling him in for a hug and petting his head. He stayed on my lap and I caressed his fur, thankful that he was still alive.