7

10th of August, 2018

"Is it far from here? Your mother's house?" I asked.

Su shook her head. "We're almost there."

She slowed down at a hospital and parked the car there.

"Why are we at a hospital? I thought you said we were visiting your mom," I said as I slid out of the car.

Su grinned and shook her head, intertwining our hands together before she walked towards the building.

A few minutes later, we were in front of a ward. Su turned the doorknob and got in, me following hesitantly.

"Hey, mom," She said to the sleeping figure on the white sheets.

I stopped mid-way and glanced from the woman on the bed to Su, then back to the woman.

"That's... your mom?" I said.

She nodded and gestured me to come closer. She held my hand and looked down at the woman.

"I brought Yoongi with me today." She turned to me. "Say hi, Yoongi."

I hesitated. "H-Hello, Mrs.Lee."

Su grinned at me then looked back at her mom. "I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while."

She let go of my hand and sat down on the chair that was facing the bed. "I was a little busy. I promise I'll visit more often."

I stood awkwardly as she kept on talking to the sleeping form of her mother. I shoved my hands in my jeans' pockets and scanned the room, turning around to take a better look.

I stopped and turned back to the bed, looking at the heart-rate monitor attached to the woman's arm and the oxygen mask that was covering half her face.

"Is she sleeping?" I asked out of the blue.

Su looked up at me, nodding. "She's in a coma. The doctor said he doesn't know when she might wake up."

"You're really optimistic." I breathed out.

She grinned again. "Am I not supposed to be?"

I shook my head. "It's just that I'd rather not have lots of hope... "

"Because you're afraid of disappointment?" She continued my sentence and I nodded in response.

She hummed. "I get your point, but a little hope wouldn't hurt, right?"

"It will hurt if what you wish for doesn't happen." I shrugged.

She chuckled. "Stop being negative. Look at the bright side."

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but most people in comas never wake up and die eventually," I said.

She nodded, a smile on her face. "Mom's chance of waking up is seven-percent only, but seven isn't a small number."

"Neither is ninety-three."

"There's always a bright side, Yoongi. And by the way, seven is my lucky number."

---

A/N: I'm quite proud of how the cover turned out