13

17th of October, 2018

"Where are we going again?" I asked as I leant my head on the car door window.

"We're visiting mom," Su said.

I sighed. "Yeah, and why?"

"Why do you visit your parents every now and then, Yoongi?" She asked calmly as her eyes stayed fixated on the road.

"I don't visit them every now and then because Daegu is far from here and Iㅡ"

"They moved to Seoul," She cut me off.

I stayed silent for a while, then I blinked. I blinked again. And again.

"Do I visit them often?" I asked.

"Only when they call and ask you to come over," She said.

I hummed and diverted my gaze from Su to the window. Buildings passed by in a rush, and in a few minutes they started decreasing. More. More. Green grass took over the scenery.

The car stopped, and my eyes landed on a thick grey fence, surrounding a big area of grass. And inside, were tombstones?

Graveyard.

I hesitantly stepped out of the car and followed Su. She walked and walked, and finally stopped at one tombstone at which she sat down and caressed the bouquet of flowers which she held tightly in her small hands.

Lee Mi Rae
1970-2018

She didn't die long ago.

"Hey, mom," Su started.

I took a step back, and another, deciding to let her have some privacy or whatsoever. I walked around the graveyard, reading names off of tombstones, calculating how long these people have been dead, and how long they've lived.

I stopped at one stone, my heart dropping for a moment.

Park Jimin
1995 - 2017
A beloved son, a cherished brother, a loyal friend, and a hardworking dancer. Most of all, a passionate dreamer.

"Yoongi?"

I whipped my head around and stared at Su with wide eyes. She tilted her head and stepped forward.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked.

"Who... " I trailed off, my eyes going back to look at the tombstone, rereading to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

There is a million Park Jimin in this country, Yoongi.

I took in a shaky breath.

Are those million born in 1995?

"Is that... " I let out.

Were those million passionate dancers, too?

Because Jimin was.

"Jimin," I said.

Su furrowed her eyebrows, then she looked at the tombstone. Her eyebrows creased and her lips parted.

"Is that him?" I asked. "Is that Jimin? Is that my brother?"

Su pursed her lips. "ThㅡThat's... "

"Him." I finished for her.

She looked down, and her short brown hair covered her face.

"Last year," I spoke. "Jimin died... last year?"

"How," I added. "How... Why?"

---

"It was out of the blue," Su said. Her eyes glistened in tears, and I failed to know if it was because she was Jimin's friend, too, or because the steam emiting from her cup of coffee was bothering her.

"We were all shocked," She continued. "We got a call from Taehyung that day. As you know, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were all living together. Jungkook had night classes, and Taehyung was visiting his family, so Jimin was home alone."

She breathed. "Taehyung was the first to go home. He found Jimin in the bathroom... "

"He killed himself," I spoke slowly.

"In the bathtub," She said, her voice merely higher than a whisper. "He drowned himself."

"I thought Jimin stopped?" I said. "I was there. I was there when he told me he wouldn't do it again. I was there that night when he was about to... " I couldn't bring myself to say it. "But I stopped him."

She nodded. "That was three years ago. After your accident, he started doing it again. Jungkook told me he saw new scars on his wrists. He did it again."

"And I wasn't there to stop him," I murmured.

Silence occupied the room, and I could only imagine what it'd have been like if I didn't get into that accident, if I had somehow stopped Jimin that night, if I hadn't been shocked by the news of his death every once in a while because I couldn't remember it.

Because to my mind, it never happened.

Because to my mind, I was completely fine.

Because to my mind, this was the first meeting of me and this woman sitting in front of me, whom I knew nothing about.

And because to my mind, the words scribbled on my arm were just a joke.

Jimin is dead. Never ask the others about it. He's f*cking dead.

---

A/N: When yoongi says "my brother" he doesnt mean literally his brother from the same parents and all

I just wanted to show how close Jimin was to Yoongi. They were best friends, but too close, just like brothers. Just like bangtan ya know.

Also, some readers ship straight characters with other characters out of nowhere so I wanted to make it clear that they were just best friends and not gay.