5

I sat on the couch and caressed Holly that was sleeping on my lap. Su had her head rested on my shoulder as a movie played in front of us on the TV screen.

"We watched this movie a million times. You always choose it," Su whispered.

I chuckled. "I don't remember. It's my first time seeing it. Let's change it if you're bored from it."

"No," She said quickly. "I'll pretend it's my first time, too."

She looked up at me and smiled then looked back to the TV.

"Holly is sleeping." I let out.

"Do you want me to take him to his bed?" She asked.

"No, I will." I picked Holly up slowly and put him in his bed as gently as possible to not wake him up.

I sat back on the couch and this time Su rested her head on my lap, her eyes still fixated on the TV.

I looked down at her and started caressing her hair. She smiled but didn't look my way.

"It's getting late," I stated.

She hummed.

"I don't want to sleep," I admitted.

She hummed with a knowing smile.

"I don't want to forget you in the morning," I said.

She hummed with a sad smile.

"I love you," I told her.

She hummed with a grin.

"What? Do I say these words every night?" I asked.

She hummed with a giggle.

"Why are you laughing? Don't you love hearing those words from me?" I raised an eyebrow.

Her giggles died down. She hummed again with a frown.

"I'm sorry."

She looked up at me. "Don't be."

"I can't help butㅡ"

"Don't," She cut me off. "Don't say that. Yes, I love you, and no, you're not a burden. Yes, my heart does hurt when you ask me who I am, but no, I'm not mad at you. And lastly, no, I'll never leave you."

Silence.

I wasn't surprised when she answered all my questions without me asking them. I must've asked them a lot.

"Let's go to bed now," She said and stood up.

"I'm not sleepy~" I whined.

She held my hands and pulled me but I didn't budge.

"You're lying. You almost slept while watching the movie," She chuckled.

I shook my head. "No. I don't want to sleep."

She swung our arms. "C'mon. I want to sleep. It's midnight already."

"Can we sleep together?" I asked.

"You'll freak out when you wake up beside a woman you don't know," She said.

"I don't care. I want to stay in bed with you."

A few minutes later, we were in my bedroom. I sat on my bed and looked at my journal. I sighed and opened it, grabbing a pen laying beside it.

I wrote down the events of today and closed it.

I was laying on the bed on my back and Su was resting her head on my shoulder as her arm wrapped around my waist.

"I wish I could remember you."

---

A/N: Thanks for 400 followers 🙏🏻